Mar 6, 2012, 5:00 AM EDT
Not so long ago, info-seeking soccer supporters were reduced to scouring the dark corners of sports pages for scraps.
But inky bits turned into bright cyber bytes, as chat rooms and global news access created a more enlightened soccer audience.
From there, blogs and the general ubiquity of internet news created vast pools of soccer information and analysis. Almost too vast, in fact.
That’s why you, being the good soccer supporters you are, need context and analysis for the high-rev, 4G soccer information age.
Welcome to ProSoccerTalk. It’s a spanking new NBC Sports Digital property — and it’s my baby, baby!
We want to make ProSoccerTalk — you may want to take a second to book mark it now … go ahead, we’ll wait — your first stop in the daily reach for soccer news and analysis. It won’t be your only stop, for sure. We’ll help direct you to the important stories of the day, linking into some of the talented minds, terrific writers and cool video of our sport. And we’ll simultaneously add to the conversation, helping you understand what’s important, what’s not, who’s affected, who’s in a twist about it, etc. (Actually, through reader comments, we’ll all help one another better understand.)
Long story short, ProSoccerTalk will add layers of informed context to the news. We’ll be heavy on MLS and the U.S. national teams, but we’re thinking globally too, watching EPL, Champions League, Euro 2012, etc.
So check back. Early and often, as they say. And say howdy. I’ll be here all day.
- Where Landon Donovan’s afternoon takes us in the ongoing U.S. national team debate 2
- Philadelphia’s Jack McInerney would be league’s youngest Golden Boot winner 0
- Talking points on Portland’s 2-2 draw with Vancouver 0
- PSG president confirms Saturday was likely David Beckham’s farewell match 3
- As Alex Ferguson says goodbye, Manchester United’s cupboard remains stocked 1
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team
- Play Video: Red Bulls pull off win on the road
- Play Video: Highlights: Montreal extinguish Chicago