Mar 11, 2012, 3:22 PM EDT
FRISCO, Texas – The rain moved out of Texas just in the nick of Daylight Savings time. It’s bright and sunny and even a bit glorious here as the Red Bulls visit FC Dallas, as NBC Sports Network debuts its fancy, new operation and second-gen broadcast techniques. Let’s call it soccer broadcast 2.0.
Kyle Martino is behind his podium, as the network tries something different this year. While Arlo White takes his regular spot in the booth, Martino will provide the analysis from a perch smack between both team benches. Keep your head up, pal!
You’ll also see more player interviews as the talent comes on and off the field.
Meanwhile, the vuvulelas are back! Not sure everyone will think that’s such a good idea, but I always liked them. They’ll add a little bit to the backdrop. So will the sold out crowd.
MLS commissioner Don Garber is on the scene, just in from an early morning flight from L.A. Jurgen Klinsmann is here, too. I got a few words with the U.S. national team coach before the match. I understand he’ll sit up in Clark Hunt’s booth, as the head man of FC Dallas’ ownership group shows Klinsmann a little Texas hospitality.
I’ll have a little more one the conversation with Klinsmann later.
Meantime, enjoy the shot of the Red Bulls’ team ‘bus.’ Or, as I said a few minutes ago on Twitter: “A “bus’ is SO 2010. The Red Bulls have something better.”
And I must say, that is a pretty sweet ride.
- Anyone else think Bayern Munich is playing dirty? 0
- With PSG willing to match Wayne Rooney’s wages, Manchester United has somebody to bail them out 3
- Looking at the United States’ roster ahead of their Canada rematch 1
- A stadium for New York City FC – tougher than you think 8
- Claudio Reyna announced as New York City FC Director of Football 0
- Bigger impact on U.S. soccer growth: David Beckham or Pele? (35)
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (17)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- Landon Donovan and a Gold Cup squeeze? He deserves better (9)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement