Mar 15, 2012, 7:25 PM EDT
I was determined to make this “Eastern Conference” day around the ProSoccerTalk headquarters. I even had my favorite, local Philly cheese steak spot circled for dinner.
But it’s so darn difficult right now. MLS West sides absolutely undressed the East on opening weekend, going 5-1 in cross-conference play.
And then all this CONCACAF Champions League newsiness, with Seattle ground into Mexican mincemeat and Los Angeles forced to rethink the whole “greatest brand in soccer ever” thing. The West may not ultimately be best – well have to see – but the left side of MLS has definitely ranked higher on the “trending meter.”
Maybe this weekend will be different. In fact, let’s count on it. Among the nine games this weekend is Colorado’s visit to Philadelphia on Sunday, the next chance for you to hear the good work of Arlo White and Kyle Martino on NBC Sports Network. Here’s Union center back Danny Califf, talking about last week’s loss to Portland and this week’s hope opener at PPL Park.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Prindi’s Premier League Picks: United to get it right, Arsenal to stumble 1
- Profile: The life and times of Mario Balotelli 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 2 0
- Americans Abroad Preview: Guzan, Howard face tests; Bundesliga opens 0
- Balotelli flies to Liverpool for medical, but won’t play against Man City 10
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – The Benefit of Mid-Week Edition 0