Mar 16, 2012, 3:42 PM EST
If you’re like me, you simply cannot wait for Steve Nash to finish with this doggone basketball thingy.
I mean, he’s still got a little something on the hard court; I’m not saying he doesn’t.
It’s just that he’s such a soccer guy. He’s a member of the Whitecaps ownership group and typically quite generous in pushing media awareness for the Whitecaps and Major League Soccer. He’s a good guy (I got to know Steve just a bit when he played for the Mavericks and I wrote a snarky Page 2 column for the local paper) and he loves the beautiful game. So if he finally shakes this silly NBA distraction, he’s going to get seriously busy with soccer promotional pursuits, I would imagine.
The Phoenix Suns guard is also serious about his charitable endeavors. Tonight, for instance, Nash is sponsoring the Champagne Masquerade. From Nash’s Facebook page:
Sponsered by Moet & Chandon. This event will benefit the Steve Nash Foundation, which supports underprivileged children around the world. They have done projects in Africa, South America, China, and Canada. Steve recently partnered with Educare Arizona to open a school for at risk children in Phoenix. Learn more about the foundation at www.SteveNash.org.
And so you won’t question his soccer supporter chops:
- Huge blow for Arsenal as Jack Wilshere is out for three months 0
- Bob Bradley talks Stabaek, job offers, offseason plans and more 0
- USA drop five places in latest FIFA world rankings; England on the up 0
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 3
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 3
- Ludogorets 2-2 Liverpool: Late equalizer spells more misery for Reds, but there’s hope 1