Mar 20, 2012, 11:56 AM EDT
Who doesn’t appreciate a creative goal celebration? And one tied into such a festive holiday? Delicious.
Our beloved club scores? That’s great. But a real hootenanny of a celebration to top it off? Now that’s a cherry on the parfait, an XXL treasure of pure and memorable elation.
Which is why referees shouldn’t book a player for hugging it out with a fan or two. Just have a word with the celebrant, remind him that FIFA’s silly laws permit a man in the middle to caution for this horrible moment of thoughtless indiscretion, and then get on with it.
So why in the name of Pierluigi Collina should Graham Zusi get a booking for this?
He did. Get a booking, that is. “Oh, the injustice!”
And yet, Kei Kamara and C.J. Sapong weren’t cautioned for using props? (For the record, I’m glad they weren’t.)
This is my favorite MLS celebration so far this year, by a long shot. Never mind this business of justice administered unevenly by referee Silviu Petrescu. This little St. Patrick’s Day Irish jig is great stuff:
- Yahoo! reports: Mourinho to sign 4-year deal with Chelsea, will be unveiled June 2 0
- Anyone else think Bayern Munich is playing dirty? 6
- With PSG willing to match Wayne Rooney’s wages, Manchester United has somebody to bail them out 3
- Looking at the United States’ roster ahead of their Canada rematch 1
- A stadium for New York City FC – tougher than you think 9
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- Gareth Bale set to re-sign with Tottenham – But is it a good deal for the Welshman? (9)
- Possible temporary homes for New York City FC (9)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte