Mar 23, 2012, 7:45 AM EDT
Birthdays of note: Argentina and Inter Milan defender Walter Samuel, known to be one of the toughest men of his generation, turns 34 today. Celebrate by stabbing yourself in the hand with a pencil – then just play if off like it’s nothing.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day): Steve Ralston
Ahead on the blog today*: Arlo White helps set up tonight MLS match in Seattle, as undefeated and un-scored upon Houston comes calling.
What we should all be watching on TV: About the time Seattle and Houston are finishing from CenturyLink Field in Seattle (kickoff set for 10 p.m. EDT on NBC Sports Network), Mexico begins its march to London at the Home Depot Center against Trinidad and Tobago (11:30 EDT).
*Always subject to change; you know how it is
- Preview: Atlético Madrid back on track before Champions League visit from goal-shy Milan 0
- Preview: Bayern Munich on guard ahead of Arsenal’s Champions League visit 0
- Third time’s the harm: Fan violence forces abandonment of Trabzonspor’s match with Fenerbahce 2
- If you had Pepe Reina in your “European star rumored for MLS” pool today, you win! 0
- US women lose second straight for first time since 2001 after ugly 5-3 defeat to Denmark 4
- Premier League Playback: Fifth place finish for Man United? Superstar Shaw, Arsenal’s big chance 0
- Revs Waive DelPiccolo; Roster Stands at 27
- Inter President Denies Holding Talks with Chicharito
- Nearly Perfect Start for Galaxy, Result Aside
- USWNT Lose to Denmark 5-3 in Algarve Cup
- Real Salt Lake's Nick Rimando Named MLS Player of the Week
- Will Johnson Signs New Multi-Year Contract With Portland Timbers
- Martino and Moyes Trapped in Can't-Win Situations
- CCL Watch: Cruz Azul Suffer First Loss
- TV Ratings for MLS Season Opener Increase 283% in 1 Year
- Liga MX Radar: Michael Arroyo Scores a Quad