Mar 23, 2012, 7:45 AM EST
Birthdays of note: Argentina and Inter Milan defender Walter Samuel, known to be one of the toughest men of his generation, turns 34 today. Celebrate by stabbing yourself in the hand with a pencil – then just play if off like it’s nothing.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day): Steve Ralston
Ahead on the blog today*: Arlo White helps set up tonight MLS match in Seattle, as undefeated and un-scored upon Houston comes calling.
What we should all be watching on TV: About the time Seattle and Houston are finishing from CenturyLink Field in Seattle (kickoff set for 10 p.m. EDT on NBC Sports Network), Mexico begins its march to London at the Home Depot Center against Trinidad and Tobago (11:30 EDT).
*Always subject to change; you know how it is
- DeAndre Yedlin granted work permit, heading to Tottenham Hotspur 0
- Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video) 1
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0