Mar 23, 2012, 7:45 AM EDT
Birthdays of note: Argentina and Inter Milan defender Walter Samuel, known to be one of the toughest men of his generation, turns 34 today. Celebrate by stabbing yourself in the hand with a pencil – then just play if off like it’s nothing.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day): Steve Ralston
Ahead on the blog today*: Arlo White helps set up tonight MLS match in Seattle, as undefeated and un-scored upon Houston comes calling.
What we should all be watching on TV: About the time Seattle and Houston are finishing from CenturyLink Field in Seattle (kickoff set for 10 p.m. EDT on NBC Sports Network), Mexico begins its march to London at the Home Depot Center against Trinidad and Tobago (11:30 EDT).
*Always subject to change; you know how it is
- Atlanta’s new MLS franchise has already sold 14,000 season tickets 3
- No signings in 2015: Barcelona’s transfer ban upheld, FIFA rejects appeal 3
- Report: Tottenham set to raid Manchester United, line up Fellaini, Hernandez deals 6
- Spanish Super Cup: Late goal allows Atlético to claim first leg draw at Real Madrid 0
- UEFA Champions League Roundup: Arsenal held; Athletic takes 1-1 draw out of Naples 1
- PST Major League Soccer Player of the Week: Fabián Castillo 0