Mar 23, 2012, 7:45 AM EST
Birthdays of note: Argentina and Inter Milan defender Walter Samuel, known to be one of the toughest men of his generation, turns 34 today. Celebrate by stabbing yourself in the hand with a pencil – then just play if off like it’s nothing.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day): Steve Ralston
Ahead on the blog today*: Arlo White helps set up tonight MLS match in Seattle, as undefeated and un-scored upon Houston comes calling.
What we should all be watching on TV: About the time Seattle and Houston are finishing from CenturyLink Field in Seattle (kickoff set for 10 p.m. EDT on NBC Sports Network), Mexico begins its march to London at the Home Depot Center against Trinidad and Tobago (11:30 EDT).
*Always subject to change; you know how it is
- What could Chad Marshall bring to the Seattle Sounder defense? We’ll find out in 2014 2
- NWSL: Houston becomes second MLS franchise to place team in women’s professional league 1
- MLS Re-Entry Draft: As predicted, Portland find a way to get Steve Zakuani 4
- Early approval: Klinsmann extends contract, will serve as U.S. head coach, technical director through 2018 3
- MLS announces Bayern Munich as opponent for 2014 All-Star Game in Portland 5
- WATCH: Can Tottenham stop Luis Suarez and can City beat Arsenal? 0
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (21)
- U.S. national team discussion: The Alejandro Bedoya conundrum (16)
- Sporting Kansas City crowned 2013 MLS champions after 10 rounds of penalty kicks (16)
- Giovani: "We Were Over Criticized"
- Watch Out Netherlands! Chile-Clan Ain't Nothin' to Mess With!
- Messi on Safe Track to Full Recovery
- The Argentinian Armada, Favorites for Brazil 2014
- Brazil 2014: A Look At South America
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- You Can't Beat German Sachlichkeit
- Aurelien Collin: I Think France is Very Very Happy
- Group B: No Walk In The Park