Mar 23, 2012, 7:45 AM EDT
Birthdays of note: Argentina and Inter Milan defender Walter Samuel, known to be one of the toughest men of his generation, turns 34 today. Celebrate by stabbing yourself in the hand with a pencil – then just play if off like it’s nothing.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day): Steve Ralston
Ahead on the blog today*: Arlo White helps set up tonight MLS match in Seattle, as undefeated and un-scored upon Houston comes calling.
What we should all be watching on TV: About the time Seattle and Houston are finishing from CenturyLink Field in Seattle (kickoff set for 10 p.m. EDT on NBC Sports Network), Mexico begins its march to London at the Home Depot Center against Trinidad and Tobago (11:30 EDT).
*Always subject to change; you know how it is
- Lionel Messi earns $1.4 million per week, tops Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar as richest player 1
- Morgan Schneiderlin wants Southampton exit if they fail to make UEFA Champions League 2
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo could be fined, suspended for “calm down” celebration 4
- Three things we learned from the USA’s late defeat vs. Denmark 6
- Player ratings: How did the USMNT fare in defeat to Denmark? 5
- Denmark 3-2 USMNT: Defensive folly reel, Bendtner’s hat trick undo Altidore’s star turn 13