Mar 26, 2012, 7:06 AM EDT
Big Important Story of the Day: It’s win or go home for the U.S. under-23 national team; the 2012 London Olympic dream will slip away into the Nashville night if Caleb Porter’s side can’t respond to Saturday’s loss by beating El Salvador tonight at LP Field.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day): Yari Allnutt
Ahead on the blog today*: ProSoccerTalk’s MLS Team of the Week, MLS Player of the Week and much more on Monday’s important Olympic contest.
What we should all be watching on TV: Clint Dempsey and Fulham travel north to Manchester United, where Sir Alex Ferguson’s side needs a result to pull ahead of Manchester City in a neck-and-neck race at the top of the English Premiership. The 3 p.m. EDT contest in on ESPN2.
A quote you can use: “In all the games we’ve been in, when we have bad games, we always respond. We have pretty good character as a team, so I think we’re going to respond.” – U.S. under-23 captain Freddy Adu on tonight’s match.
*Always subject to change; you know how it is
- Where Landon Donovan’s afternoon takes us in the ongoing U.S. national team debate 3
- Philadelphia’s Jack McInerney would be league’s youngest Golden Boot winner 0
- Talking points on Portland’s 2-2 draw with Vancouver 0
- PSG president confirms Saturday was likely David Beckham’s farewell match 3
- As Alex Ferguson says goodbye, Manchester United’s cupboard remains stocked 1
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team
- Play Video: Red Bulls pull off win on the road
- Play Video: Highlights: Montreal extinguish Chicago