Mar 28, 2012, 3:01 PM EDT
MLS Commissioner Don Garber has reacted strongly to Houston Dynamo midfielder Colin Clark’s anti-gay language, suspending Clark for three games and fining him an undisclosed amount.
Here is the main substance of the just-released league announcement:
MLS Commissioner Don Garber has suspended Clark for three games and fined him an undisclosed amount for using unacceptable and offensive language towards a ball boy in the seventh minute of the game in Seattle on Friday, March 24. Commissioner Garber also mandated that Clark attend diversity and sensitivity training. This is in addition to the training that all MLS clubs attend at the beginning of each season.
“Major League Soccer will not tolerate this type of behavior from its players or staff at any time, under any circumstances,” MLS Commissioner Don Garber said. “Colin Clark has expressed sincere remorse for his actions and I believe that he will learn from this incident.”
The full story from Major League Soccer’s MLSSoccer.com is here.
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Rare bad night from Robbie Keane costs LA Galaxy against Real Salt Lake 1
- Atlantic crushed: D.C. United, New York open the season with three-goal losses 4
- Stoppage time goal gives Seattle 1-0 opening day win over Sporting Kansas City (video) 10
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Will Johnson: We Weren't all Quite at the Races
- Owners Legal Issues Have Caught Up to Queretaro
- Juventus Prove They Know how to Win Despite Weak Performance Against Fiore
- Liverpool is Ready to Spend $100 Million in Summer Transfers
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear