Mar 29, 2012, 4:12 PM EDT
The U.S. Olympic hopefuls who earn paychecks in Major League Soccer are back with their clubs. How they get re-integrated into their sides is case-by-case business. And there’s a little more to it than “Welcome back, here’s your old spot.”
In Dallas, Schellas Hyndman is being careful about Brek Shea’s emotional state following the shattering disappointment of opportunity lost. From BigDSoccer.com, what Hyndman is saying ahead of Friday’s league meeting with D.C. United:
What he’s going through right now is just a lot of mental frustrations and disappointments and we’ve got to continue to be aware of that and not let that affect his emotions.
Personally, Shea has always struck me as a carefree sort, not the type to be penetrated fatally by life’s setbacks. Then again, he’s young (22), so there’s nothing wrong with a cautious approach, I suppose.
In Chicago, goalkeeper Sean Johnson is back at training with the Fire. But it doesn’t sound like he’s getting a starting position anytime soon. It has nothing to do, apparently, with Johnson’s costly error.
The piece, from TGNTV.com, has Johnson’s reaction to Monday’s last-minute bobble against El Salvador:
“Obviously it was disappointing. (But) every negative experience you can turn into a positive. At the end of the day, it’s motivation to become a better player and person and move forward in my career. “I don’t think one game defines me as a player.”
- NWSL Game of the Week: Sky Blue FC vs. FC Kansas City 0
- Yahoo! reports: Mourinho to sign 4-year deal with Chelsea, will be unveiled June 2 0
- Anyone else think Bayern Munich is playing dirty? 6
- With PSG willing to match Wayne Rooney’s wages, Manchester United has somebody to bail them out 3
- Looking at the United States’ roster ahead of their Canada rematch 1
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- Gareth Bale set to re-sign with Tottenham – But is it a good deal for the Welshman? (9)
- Possible temporary homes for New York City FC (9)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte