Mar 30, 2012, 10:56 AM EST
So let’s see. In the video below we have players going into the stands, a manager going into the stands, security getting involved, lots of angry gesturing, some pushing and a bit of menacing milling about. You know, your basic soccer instability.
Of course, when you start talking about instability or silliness where Diego Maradona is involved, that’s known more commonly as a “Friday.”
Since accepting a coaching position in Dubai, Maradona has been fined for feuding with an opposition coach, raised a public ruckus by criticizing referees and lobbing charges of bias against his club, and even kicked a fan who intruded on a photo shoot following a match.
Details of his latest episode are here, including lots of juicy quotes.
- CONCACAF Champions League: D.C. United battered by Alajualense, 5-2 0
- Keller, Hejduk, Conrad headline 13 new eligibles for National Soccer HOF 0
- Europa League roundup: Tottenham, Liverpool out; Everton, La Liga sides advance 0
- Besiktas 1-0 (1-1) Liverpool: Arslan makes, Lovren misses final PK as Reds go out of Europe 7
- Fiorentina ousts Tottenham from the Europa League with 2-0 win at the Stadio Artemio Franchi 1
- Strike season? Real Salt Lake owner calls free agency “go nowhere conversation” 7