Mar 30, 2012, 10:56 AM EST
So let’s see. In the video below we have players going into the stands, a manager going into the stands, security getting involved, lots of angry gesturing, some pushing and a bit of menacing milling about. You know, your basic soccer instability.
Of course, when you start talking about instability or silliness where Diego Maradona is involved, that’s known more commonly as a “Friday.”
Since accepting a coaching position in Dubai, Maradona has been fined for feuding with an opposition coach, raised a public ruckus by criticizing referees and lobbing charges of bias against his club, and even kicked a fan who intruded on a photo shoot following a match.
Details of his latest episode are here, including lots of juicy quotes.
- Atlantic crushed: D.C. United, New York open the season with three-goal losses 1
- Stoppage time goal gives Seattle 1-0 opening day win over Sporting Kansas City (video) 9
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Chelsea 4-0 Tottenham Hotspur: Blues blitz Spurs to extend their lead at the top (video) 0
- Cardiff City 3-1 Fulham: Bluebirds win the relegation dogfight 0
- David Moyes on Manchester United’s win vs. West Brom: “That’s more like it” 0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear
- NYRB Don't Know What Hits Them in Emphatic 4-1 Whitecaps Win
- John Terry Rules out International Return
- Aberdeen March on in Scottish FA Cup
- 2014 MLS Season: Rebuilding The San Jose Earthquakes
- Players to Watch: Montreal Impact
- Ireland's Premier Division Season Kicks off
- Away-Goal Rule is the Novelty for this Year's MLS Playoffs
- Barrett Nails Last Minute Goal for Seattle 1-0 Victory
- Three Things: Chelsea 4-0 Spurs