Mar 30, 2012, 7:35 AM EDT
One of three things is going on in this article, where Philadelphia Union boss Peter Nowak is getting his Union flag in a serious twist, irritated at ongoing queries about trading away Sebastien Le Toux:
1. Philadelphia and Nowak was never a marriage that was going to work. The brotherly fans and media in Philly work in criticism the way chef Emeril Lagasse works in “Bam!” That can be a tough fit.
2. The pressure of an 0-3 start is squeezing the stuffing out of every little thing around PPL Park. Hard times, man.
3. Everybody up there needs to back away from that strong Dunkin Donuts coffee for a minute. Seriously, you can’t swing a bag of soccer balls in that part of the world without hitting one of those spots of dunkin’ delight. (Nowak has a DD coffee cup in the video within the linked story.)
Anyway, it’s all entertaining and engaging stuff. Nowak is digging in ahead of this week’s visit from the Vancouver Whitecaps, featuring Le Toux. I’ve got this one circled on my MLS weekend calendar. I have a feeling the pressure will ease up a bit on all things Union by around 6 p.m. Saturday in Chester, Penn.
Don’t go rushing with fists full of cash to Las Vegas on that one. It’s just a hunch.
Sep 1, 2014, 10:57 AM EDT
Down the depth chart at Spurs, Sandro could be on his way to QPR. Borini would be a backup plan to Jermain Defoe.
Sep 1, 2014, 10:25 AM EDT
PST’s Lead Writer and Editor takes an alternative look at all the action from Week 3 in the PL.
Sep 1, 2014, 10:06 AM EDT
Stay up to date with everything happening on Deadline Day with our live ticker.
Sep 1, 2014, 9:39 AM EDT
Rumored to be wanted by Real Madrid and Bayern Munich, the young Italian star will instead stay at his current home.
Sep 1, 2014, 8:35 AM EDT
There’s going to be plenty of movement today, and the early morning brings us news on Jay Rodriguez, Alvaro Negred, Matija Nastasic, and more.
Sep 1, 2014, 7:55 AM EDT
Manchester United are reportedly close to securing a world-class striker for just $9 million.
Sep 1, 2014, 12:42 AM EDT
Roundup of MLS action this weekend.
Aug 31, 2014, 10:57 PM EDT
Roundup of football transfers across Europe today.
Aug 31, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
Real Madrid manager insisted that his squad just lost focus on Sunday when they were upset by Real Sociedad.
Aug 31, 2014, 8:24 PM EDT
Darren Fletcher isn’t perturbed by Manchester United’s super-early season struggles.
Aug 31, 2014, 6:58 PM EDT
Jermain Defoe has been linked away from Toronto FC, with a possible return back to England.
Aug 31, 2014, 6:18 PM EDT
Real Madrid didn’t display their standard victorious level of play as Real Sociedad shocked Carlo Ancelotti’s side.
Aug 31, 2014, 5:22 PM EDT
D.C. United keeps strong at the head of the Eastern Conference, defeating the New York Red Bulls, 2-0.
Aug 31, 2014, 4:25 PM EDT
Quick recap of the Premier League’s Sunday matches.
Aug 31, 2014, 3:38 PM EDT
Geoff Cameron has withdrawn from the United States’ latest roster prepped for the Czech Republic match.
Aug 31, 2014, 2:53 PM EDT
DC United hopes to fend off Bradley Wright-Phillips and company in the Atlantic Cup.
Aug 31, 2014, 2:39 PM EDT
With things not going as planned, Nelsen is out.
Aug 31, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT
Despite Yaya Sanogo’s disappointing performance against Leicester City, Wenger may sit on his squad.
Aug 31, 2014, 1:33 PM EDT
After spending a career on the bench at Manchester United, he’s going to another club where he’ll likely be a backup.
Aug 31, 2014, 12:57 PM EDT
Leo Ulloa hit back at Arsenal’s early goal and Leicester held on strong against a tired and wasteful Arsenal.
- Premier League Playback – Deadline Day madness, Chelsea’s ‘killers,’ Liverpool’s fluid-three 0
- LIVE Transfer Ticker – Deadline Day updates 1
- Reports: Manchester United nearing cut-price loan for Falcao 5
- Toronto FC fire Ryan Nelsen thanks to disappointing position and disparaging comments 1
- Leicester City 1-1 Arsenal: Home side holds strong for draw 3
- Done deal: Chelsea sign Loic Remy from QPR 0