Mar 30, 2012, 7:35 AM EST
One of three things is going on in this article, where Philadelphia Union boss Peter Nowak is getting his Union flag in a serious twist, irritated at ongoing queries about trading away Sebastien Le Toux:
1. Philadelphia and Nowak was never a marriage that was going to work. The brotherly fans and media in Philly work in criticism the way chef Emeril Lagasse works in “Bam!” That can be a tough fit.
2. The pressure of an 0-3 start is squeezing the stuffing out of every little thing around PPL Park. Hard times, man.
3. Everybody up there needs to back away from that strong Dunkin Donuts coffee for a minute. Seriously, you can’t swing a bag of soccer balls in that part of the world without hitting one of those spots of dunkin’ delight. (Nowak has a DD coffee cup in the video within the linked story.)
Anyway, it’s all entertaining and engaging stuff. Nowak is digging in ahead of this week’s visit from the Vancouver Whitecaps, featuring Le Toux. I’ve got this one circled on my MLS weekend calendar. I have a feeling the pressure will ease up a bit on all things Union by around 6 p.m. Saturday in Chester, Penn.
Don’t go rushing with fists full of cash to Las Vegas on that one. It’s just a hunch.
Inside Look: Not much separating Red Bulls, Revolution ahead of Eastern Conference Championship, leg 1
Nov 21, 2014, 11:45 PM EST
You could try to use the Red Bulls’ 2014 season to make inferences about what will happen Sunday against the Revs, but it’d be a huge waste of your time.
Nov 21, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
Go ahead and try to be as good as Robbie Keane. Give it your best shot. Good luck, you’re going to need it.
Nov 21, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
Zinedine Zidane can return to coaching after his nonsensical coaching suspension was lifted on Friday. Perhaps “qualified” needs redefining.
VIDEO: Louis van Gaal calls Wayne Rooney “not a typical striker,” praises versatility ahead of Arsenal showdown
Nov 21, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
Louis van Gaal has called Wayne Rooney “not a typical striker,” but a “fantastic player” nonetheless before Arsenal showdown.
Nov 21, 2014, 8:30 PM EST
Where and how to watch every single PL game in Week 12.
Nov 21, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
It’s tempting to look ahead and crown the LA Galaxy MLS Cup champions already. A word of warning: Don’t do it at the Sounders’ expense.
MLS Cup Playoffs Preview: Red Bulls vs. Revolution, Galaxy vs. Sounders in Conference Championship first legs
Nov 21, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
The 2014 season is nearly finished, as the MLS Cup Playoffs resume this weekend. A few facts and stats to excite ahead of Sunday’s action.
Nov 21, 2014, 4:45 PM EST
Dear haters: Jermaine hears you, is not bothered by you and still loves you. Look out, Red Bulls.
Nov 21, 2014, 3:10 PM EST
The English-born coach has had big success in Orlando since the club began play in 2011, winning the regular season title in three of four seasons.
Nov 21, 2014, 2:20 PM EST
Whitecaps FC 2 will compete in metro Vancouver at Thunderbird Stadium inside of the University of British Columbia.
Nov 21, 2014, 1:35 PM EST
The quota request comes after the BBC conducted a “State of the Game” survey that dug into the international representation in the Premier League.
Nov 21, 2014, 12:50 PM EST
Can the Baggies improve on last year’s point at Stamford Bridge?
Nov 21, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
I’m a fan of Batman, but seems to me “The Dark Knight” should consider rocking Valencia’s bat rather than his own. Looks slick.
Nov 21, 2014, 11:45 AM EST
Here’s how PST’s lead writer and editor sees things panning out this weekend.
Nov 21, 2014, 11:05 AM EST
So to the MLS players, coaches and “media members who regularly covered the league”, sit back and enjoy your biggest screw-ups.
Nov 21, 2014, 10:14 AM EST
Welbeck is used to being on the side of the favorites in this matchup, as Manchester United has dominated the series in recent years.
Nov 21, 2014, 9:25 AM EST
Danny Welbeck’s first Premier League game against his former team is just one subplot as the Gunners host the Red Devils.
Nov 21, 2014, 8:41 AM EST
All Americans plying their trade in the Premier League have a decent look at points, while two in the Championship will opening things up with Friday matches.
Nov 21, 2014, 7:49 AM EST
Paris Saint-Germain has claimed the last two Trophées with wins over Bordeaux and Guingamp, but this year’s table is clustered.
Nov 21, 2014, 12:17 AM EST
Swansea manager Garry Monk is hoping for the best as the Swans journey to play Manchester City at the Etihad this weekend.
- Inside Look: Not much separating Red Bulls, Revolution ahead of Eastern Conference Championship, leg 1 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 12 0
- Inside Look: LA Galaxy, Seattle Sounders to square off in Western Conference Championship, leg 1 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Chelsea, Everton, Manchester City 0
- These deserving nominees are the biggest snubs of MLS Award season 4
- Former Man Utd teammates Welbeck, Rooney prepares for “weird” match as Arsenal hosts Red Devils 0