Apr 3, 2012, 7:15 AM EST
Birthdays of note: Scarf yourself in Timbers green today and toast the 25th birthday of Portland midfielder Sal Sizzo.
Big Important Stories of the Day: The U.S. women played during the wee smalls, over in Japan against Brazil. We already know the result – but we’ll keep that one to ourselves for now. Some of you surely tapped the DVR for this one, being in the wee smalls and all.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day): Pele
Twitter dap: Herculez Gomez (@herculezg), public Tweet to Clint Dempsey: @clint_dempsey what up hommie! Keep doing your thing. I’m going to come out and visit in June.. Europa here I come.
Clint Dempsey (@clint_dempsey) in reply: @herculezg I won’t be here bro. I’ll be back in the states. Also you might have some games with the USMNT man. Put them plans on hold. Ha
What we should all be watching on TV: Barcelona and AC Milan take their UEFA Champions League series back to the Camp Nou following last week’s scoreless draw at the slippery San Siro. A goal for the Italians could change everything. (2:30 pm ET, Fox Soccer Channel). Bayern-Marseille follows (tape delay, 5 p.m. ET, FSC)
Ahead on the blog today*: MLS Panic Quotient, checking up on the U.S. women’s result and (later this afternoon) on those second-leg Champions League quarterfinal results.
PST background noise while blogging today: Everything / anything leading up to today’s Champions League matches.
*Always subject to change; you know how it is
- VIDEO: PST Extra examines huge top four showdowns in Premier League 0
- Huge blow for Arsenal as Jack Wilshere is out for three months 0
- Bob Bradley talks Stabaek, job offers, offseason plans and more 0
- USA drop five places in latest FIFA world rankings; England on the up 1
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 4
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 3