Apr 11, 2012, 12:22 PM EST
The brand new BBVA Compass Stadium, just beyond the downtown Houston core, opens in one month and a day.
For the stadium geeks like myself, opiate-like feelings of magic and joyness wash over us with each new soccer structure launch.
One word of warning before you examine a new batch of photos: if you have some bizarre aversion to orange, best just move along. Nothing to see here — except orange seats, orange concourses, orange concession areas, orange draping, orange … well, you probably get the picture.
Thirty-one days out of the May 12 opener (vs. D.C. United), enjoy this delightful photo-walk through of BBVA Compass Stadium, courtesy of the Houston Chronicle.
- Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video) 1
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0