Apr 11, 2012, 12:22 PM EDT
The brand new BBVA Compass Stadium, just beyond the downtown Houston core, opens in one month and a day.
For the stadium geeks like myself, opiate-like feelings of magic and joyness wash over us with each new soccer structure launch.
One word of warning before you examine a new batch of photos: if you have some bizarre aversion to orange, best just move along. Nothing to see here — except orange seats, orange concourses, orange concession areas, orange draping, orange … well, you probably get the picture.
Thirty-one days out of the May 12 opener (vs. D.C. United), enjoy this delightful photo-walk through of BBVA Compass Stadium, courtesy of the Houston Chronicle.
- Manchester United have two transfer deals provisionally in place – Cavani, Shaw, Fabregas all on radar 0
- Chelsea approves Jose Mourinho’s desire to play ‘B Squad’ against Liverpool 1
- David Moyes tipped by Roberto Martinez to make swift return to management 1
- Three things we learned from Real Madrid’s win vs. Bayern Munich 3
- Benzema goal holds up as Real Madrid claim 1-0 lead over Bayern Munich 0
- Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 7 3