Apr 11, 2012, 12:22 PM EDT
The brand new BBVA Compass Stadium, just beyond the downtown Houston core, opens in one month and a day.
For the stadium geeks like myself, opiate-like feelings of magic and joyness wash over us with each new soccer structure launch.
One word of warning before you examine a new batch of photos: if you have some bizarre aversion to orange, best just move along. Nothing to see here — except orange seats, orange concourses, orange concession areas, orange draping, orange … well, you probably get the picture.
Thirty-one days out of the May 12 opener (vs. D.C. United), enjoy this delightful photo-walk through of BBVA Compass Stadium, courtesy of the Houston Chronicle.
- Paul Scholes says arrogance could hurt Manchester City 0
- MLS playoffs weekend preview: Which remaining team has the best form? 0
- Van Gaal: Manchester Derby is “biggest” he’ll manage; Rooney in, Falcao out 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 10 4
- Diego Costa will be available to Chelsea this weekend, says Jose Mourinho; QPR and Blues to tangle on NBCSN 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton the standouts 1