Apr 11, 2012, 12:22 PM EDT
The brand new BBVA Compass Stadium, just beyond the downtown Houston core, opens in one month and a day.
For the stadium geeks like myself, opiate-like feelings of magic and joyness wash over us with each new soccer structure launch.
One word of warning before you examine a new batch of photos: if you have some bizarre aversion to orange, best just move along. Nothing to see here — except orange seats, orange concourses, orange concession areas, orange draping, orange … well, you probably get the picture.
Thirty-one days out of the May 12 opener (vs. D.C. United), enjoy this delightful photo-walk through of BBVA Compass Stadium, courtesy of the Houston Chronicle.
- League Cup Roundup: Liverpool survive 15-round shootout, Arsenal out 2
- Manchester City’s Pellegrini won’t rule out Lampard loan extension 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer power rankings: Double(d) vision edition 3
- US Soccer stands by Solo stance; Media backlash keeps on coming 10
- PST’s Major League Soccer player of the week: No question who was tops 0
- WATCH: Men in Blazers show debuts on NBCSN 0