Apr 11, 2012, 12:22 PM EDT
The brand new BBVA Compass Stadium, just beyond the downtown Houston core, opens in one month and a day.
For the stadium geeks like myself, opiate-like feelings of magic and joyness wash over us with each new soccer structure launch.
One word of warning before you examine a new batch of photos: if you have some bizarre aversion to orange, best just move along. Nothing to see here — except orange seats, orange concourses, orange concession areas, orange draping, orange … well, you probably get the picture.
Thirty-one days out of the May 12 opener (vs. D.C. United), enjoy this delightful photo-walk through of BBVA Compass Stadium, courtesy of the Houston Chronicle.
- Premier League Preview: Sunderland vs. Arsenal 0
- Still defending racial incident, seething at bite talk, Suarez returns for Barcelona 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks – Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 9 1
- Introducing: “The 2 Robbies ‘Football’ Show” on NBCSportsRadio.com 0
- El Clasico: Luis Suarez, Barcelona and Real Madrid together at last 0