Apr 12, 2012, 12:15 PM EDT
Sporting Kansas City is perfect in five 2012 matches. The field is having a little trouble keeping up. We get that.
But can’t the others at least challenge the gang from Livestrong when it comes to best goal celebrations? Is that really too much to ask? Where is Clint Dempsey when you need him. (In another life, Big Tex was known for his creative celebrations around Gillette Stadium.)
But there they are, Kei Kamara and C.J. Sapong getting creative again and again after bending the net at Livestrong Sporting Park. So, which one might we like best?
Is it last week’s “slow-mo slide:”
Or, like us, would you still tip this one (We’ll call it “Got a little Irish in ya …?”) as the gold standard of 2012 MLS goal celebrations?
Finally, for comparisons sake, here’s the 2011 standard to beat:
- Two last points on the Robbie Rogers trade news 0
- Champions League final preview: A bitter rivalry with much higher stakes 0
- With MLS expansion done for now, where the league priorities should land 11
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? 25
- Champions League Final infographic: Borussia Dortmund vs. Bayern Munich 1
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? (25)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- USA Today reports LA Galaxy trade Mike Magee for rights to Robbie Rogers (12)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy