Apr 15, 2012, 10:12 PM EDT
Anybody ready to declare the Galaxy “back?”
Not me. One shiny “W” against a wobbly, one-win Portland Timbers side hardly screams “back” in my book. (Especially when the back line steps forward at the wrong time, allowing Kris Boyd to get in along on goalkeeper Josh Saunder’s for an early goal by the visitors.)
On the other hand, Saturday’s 3-1 victory is certainly a starting point. And there were signs that order has been restored in Carson, Calif. David Junior Lopes’ debut at center back unfolded reasonably enough. Robbie Keane was arranging opportunities. Landon Donovan finished the game-winner clinically. And then there was this …
If you haven’t seen David Beckham’s strike to finish off the Timbers, it’s worth hitting “replay” a couple of times.
- Mike Magee’s arrival can only help in Chicago 0
- Champions League final preview: A bitter rivalry with much higher stakes 0
- With MLS expansion done for now, where the league priorities should land 11
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? 25
- Champions League Final infographic: Borussia Dortmund vs. Bayern Munich 0
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? (25)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- With MLS expansion done for now, where the league priorities should land (11)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy