Apr 18, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Let’s hope they don’t need any of this today at Stamford Bridge – because it doesn’t exist.
But it’s heartening that testing is going on by FIFA on something so seemingly in reach as goal line technology.
Will it ever happen, given the natural inertia of FIFA or any similarly outsized, global organization when maintaining status quo is infinitely easier than enacting meaningful, necessary change? Great question.
But either way, watching some of these tests are pretty cool. Enjoy.
Unfortunately, no embedding allowed by The Man on this one. So here’s the YouTube link.
- Where Landon Donovan’s afternoon takes us in the ongoing U.S. national team debate 1
- Philadelphia’s Jack McInerney would be league’s youngest Golden Boot winner 0
- Talking points on Portland’s 2-2 draw with Vancouver 0
- PSG president confirms Saturday was likely David Beckham’s farewell match 3
- As Alex Ferguson says goodbye, Manchester United’s cupboard remains stocked 1
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team
- Play Video: Red Bulls pull off win on the road
- Play Video: Highlights: Montreal extinguish Chicago