Apr 18, 2012, 6:30 AM EST
What we’re thinking, what we’re watching, what’s coming on the blog today and the RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day). Setting up your day in soccer …
Birthdays of note: Matthew Upson? Milan Jovanovic? Matthew Upson? Happy birthday guys, but our man today is Maurice Edu. The USMNT midfielder turns 26 on Wednesday, though we’d better find a few bucks for the cake. We don’t want to put that bill on Rangers’ box.
Big important story of the day: Barcelona visiting Stamford Bridge will get the hype, with security around Chelsea’s ground on the lookout for Tom Henning Ørevbø. At least, that’s the impression we’ve got from the game’s buildup. Closer to home, the waiting game continues. When will we hear from MLS on Rafa Marquez?
Ahead on the blog today:* We’re with you live for Chelsea-Barcelona starting at 2:45 p.m. ET. Around that, look for MLS’s Panic Quotient (®) and an update on day three of Marquez Watch.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day): Mamadou Diallo
What we’re watching: Beyond Champions League? We’ve got a doubleheader in Major League Soccer, with D.C. United hosting Montreal ahead of Sporting Kansas City’s trip to Vancouver.
PST background noise while blogging today: Hulu’s on autoplay, and after getting our Daily Show fix, I’ve been guided to Modern Family. Could be worse.
We’ll leave you with this: At no point when Married With Children was on did I think Christina Applegate would be able to carry a TV show, but based on the limited times Hulu’s directed me to Up All Night, she might be the best sit-com-y actress on television (I say as somebody who only watched what Hulu lets me),
* – always subject to change, but we’ll do our best.
- Premier League transfer needs: What’s been done and what’s left to do by Monday? 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 23 0
- Geoff Cameron predicts Super Bowl XLIX win for his New England Patriots 1
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester City, Arsenal, Saints to win 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Ban upheld: Diego Costa to miss Saturday’s visit from Manchester City, 2 more 3