Apr 21, 2012, 8:40 PM EDT
Chicago goalkeeper Sean Johnson recovered from allowing a soft second goal to Toronto, making all the plays that mattered late as the visiting Fire nursed home a 3-2 win in Canada. Here’s what Johnson said about it.
Meanwhile, NBC analyst Kyle Martino had lots of hot sports opinions on the Toronto manager Aron Winter is managing things around BMO Field. Hard to argue the point. Winter’s side improved dramatically Saturday when Torsten Frings moved out of his center back spot and into his more natural midfield role.
Here’s what Martino had to say as he wrapped up Saturday’s match along with Russ Thaler and Arlo White.
- USA Today reports LA Galaxy trade Mike Magee for rights to Robbie Rogers 5
- With MLS expansion done for now, where the league priorities should land 7
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? 24
- Champions League Final infographic: Borussia Dortmund vs. Bayern Munich 0
- NWSL Game of the Week: Sky Blue FC vs. FC Kansas City 0
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? (24)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- Gareth Bale set to re-sign with Tottenham – But is it a good deal for the Welshman? (9)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million