Apr 22, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
What to look for in the eventful highlights of Philadelphia’s important win at Chivas USA:
- Another night of miserable attendance for Chivas USA. Major League Soccer puts a lot of focus on helping to sort out the never-ending facility nightmare in the nation’s capital, and on that elusive second franchise in New York. And fair enough, because both require a lot of attention. But perhaps it’s time to put more men on the Chivas USA case; the Goats need their own building … or they just need to move to another city.
- A little something special from Freddy Adu (pictured), who enjoyed his second consecutive, productive match. He’s rewarding coach Peter Nowak for the faith of adding him to the starting lineup.
- Adu got the clever, resourceful goal. But watch Michael Farfan’s brilliant work that makes it all happen.
- Juan Pablo Angel got into game action for the first time in six weeks, but his rustiness showed at times. Chivas desperately needs its main marksman to get sharp, because …
- Robin Fraser’s team is an absolute puzzle. They are in the thick of the Western Conference pack because of a perfect 3-0 record on the road. So how does that square with four losses at home in four tries? More than that, the Goats have yet to score at home! Each match has been a 1-0 setback.
- Expect multiple suspensions for some late ugliness – and stupidity. Peter Nowak led the charge off his bench and onto the field as several players imposed themselves on a situation that referee Juan Guzman appeared to have in hand.
- Stock Falling: Which U.S. players’ statures are slipping … 2
- Get to your DVRs as soon as possible, because that Italy-Japan match was a classic 1
- Stock Rising: United States men whose values are rising out of Salt Lake 2
- MLS Preview: Portland Timbers at LA Galaxy 0
- Goal, assist from Neymar give Brazil win, prolong Mexico’s woes 2
- Graham Zusi keeps making it harder for Landon Donovan to get back into U.S. national team (29)
- Broadcast of U.S. v. Panama was second highest audience for World Cup Qualifier (14)
- Marseille’s hideous away kit one of the worst of all time (14)
- Orlando City dumps Sporting Kansas City out of U.S. Open Cup, extend unbeaten streak to 14 matches (13)
- It’s time FIFA reconsiders the Confederations Cup bid to the Oceania region (13)
- Play Video: Police clash with protesters in Brazil
- Play Video: Highlights: Sounders win in final minutes
- Play Video: Highlights: Revolution dismantle Galaxy
- Play Video: What does New York FC have to do to succeed?
- Play Video: The Hype: Bending the screen like Beckham
- Play Video: Galaxy's Rogers talks about coming out to the public
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld