Apr 24, 2012, 1:05 PM EDT
6. Vancouver Whitecaps – Camilo’s sweet, curling ball made the difference, although the Whitecaps backed off from the accelerator way too early in the 1-0 home win over Dallas. So it’s tough to say if Martin Rennie’s lineup changes made a big difference, especially the interesting move to start Omar Salgado (whom everyone assumed was being developed as a target striker) out to the left wing.
5. Seattle Sounders – Mauro Rosales got into the Sounders most recent reserve game, so his potential return this week at Chicago might punch up Seattle’s flat attack. Sigi Schmid’s team has just one goal in three games. By the way, things are about to get seriously busy; the Sounders play nine matches over 32 days starting this weekend.
4. Real Salt Lake – A mid-week trip into Dallas without suspended starters Jamison Olave and Fabian Espindola is hardly ideal. But if Jason Kreis’ men, still presumably steaming from Olave’s iffy red card Saturday, can deal with matters in Texas, a better opportunity awaits for taking out frustration, as battered and bungling Toronto FC travels West to Rio Tinto this weekend.
3. San Jose Earthquakes – No Marvin Chavez, no Victor Bernardez, no Shea Salinas? No problem. They claimed all the points in a 3-1 win at Buck Shaw. Yes, Real Salt Lake was reduced to nine men by the end, but the Earthquakes found a way to goal and now find themselves atop the Western Conference. Besides, what’s to say the Earthquakes would not have won Saturday with the teams at even strength?
2. Houston Dynamo – Brian Ching (pictured) is into his 10th season of scoring important goals for this franchise. The veteran striker worked his way into the right spot yet again, equalizing late for a Dynamo team that keeps ticking off the points on the road. Up next: Match No. 6 in the long road adventure to open 2012. This time the Orange bus heads to D.C. to face longtime Dynamo midfield force Dwayne De Rosario. (RFK Stadium, site of Saturday’s game, is where Houston won its last MLS Cup, but the way, back in 2007.)
1. Sporting Kansas City – The high-spirited men and women of the Cauldron at Livestrong Sporting Park won’t be happy that Portland upset the perfect-mark apple cart late Saturday night along the coast. Then again, a split of two road matches strung closely together isn’t anything to be upset about. And it’s definitely nothing to knock SKC off its top ProSoccerTalk spot. Center back Aurelien Collin enjoyed yet another good week; Are we looking at the early frontrunner for Defender of the Year?
Oct 24, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
The midfielder is yet to make a Premier League start this season as rumors surfaced that he could return to Brazil on loan.
Oct 24, 2014, 10:33 PM EDT
Chicago ended their season with a win as Florent Sinama-Pongolle tallied in stoppage time to erase Houston’s first half lead.
Oct 24, 2014, 9:22 PM EDT
You can watch the match live on NBCSN or online via Live Extra.
Oct 24, 2014, 8:51 PM EDT
Neil Warnock could be answering to a new boss if American billionaire Josh Harris purchases Palace.
Oct 24, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
Jose Carlos Rivero was charged with two felonies earlier this month but continued to work games for the MLS.
Oct 24, 2014, 7:27 PM EDT
The New York Red Bulls made a young girl’s dream come true as she signed a one-day contract with her favorite team.
Oct 24, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
Watch the Black Cats host the Gunners at 9:45 a.m. ET online via Live Extra.
Oct 24, 2014, 5:31 PM EDT
UEFA handed Serbia a 3-0 win but deducted points after their match against Albania was called off due to violence.
Oct 24, 2014, 4:43 PM EDT
The former England captain and Manchester United legend plans to retire after his season at QPR.
Oct 24, 2014, 3:54 PM EDT
Watch as Leicester City travels to Liberty Stadium tomorrow live on NBC at 12:30 p.m. ET.
Oct 24, 2014, 3:04 PM EDT
Pogba broke through with 9 goals and 10 assists across all competitions for Juventus last season and a goal and assist at the World Cup.
A coach tells a fan tells a ticket rep… How soccer fans and the Red Bulls created this adorable goal video
Oct 24, 2014, 2:26 PM EDT
It’s a little dusty in here. Godspeed, Irelyn. May a cure be found in short order!
Oct 24, 2014, 2:01 PM EDT
It’s going to be ugly and we’re going to shake our heads. Some will feign shock. And the whole cycle will repeat itself again at Barcelona.
Oct 24, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
Here’s how PST’s editor and lead writer sees things panning out this weekend.
Oct 24, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Perhaps a respite for Tim Howard and Brad Guzan, as their clubs face lesser competition this week in Burnley and QPR, respectively.
Oct 24, 2014, 12:25 PM EDT
Where and how to watch every game during Week 9 of the PL.
Oct 24, 2014, 12:05 PM EDT
It’s a top-four battle — no, seriously — as Manchester City rolls into Upton Park to take on Sam Allardyce’s West Ham United.
Oct 24, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
Who makes the cut as MLS players deserving of a look at USMNT camp?
Oct 24, 2014, 10:25 AM EDT
An all-MLS final appearance is impossible thanks to seeding, and Montreal and DC can only face-off if they win in the quarterfinals this winter.
Oct 24, 2014, 9:38 AM EDT
The purpose of the show is for the Robbies to hear from the fans on this call-in show, so dial 855-323-4622 and have your say.
- Chicago Fire 2-1 Houston Dynamo: Stoppage-time winner caps off Chicago comeback (VIDEO) 0
- Premier League Preview: Sunderland vs. Arsenal 0
- Still defending racial incident, seething at bite talk, Suarez returns for Barcelona 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks – Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 9 1
- Introducing: “The 2 Robbies ‘Football’ Show” on NBCSportsRadio.com 0