Apr 26, 2012, 7:40 PM EST
Mark this under “Hardly a shocker:”
Philadelphia Union coach Peter Nowak has been suspended for an extra game (two games total now) and fined $5,000 for leaving his team’s technical area last Sunday, entering the field of play as members of his team and Chivas USA came together near the team benches.
Nowak was already set to miss this week’s match for receiving a red card.
This was Major League Soccer’s second suspension announced this week; Dallas’ Blas Perez missed his team’s match Wednesday for violent conduct in his Round 7 match.
Nowak presumably knew this was coming, based on his mea culpa at Wednesday’s weekly news conference. “I know I was in the wrong spot,” he said. “I shouldn’t have been on the field. So that’s my fault to get involved like this.”
As for Nowak’s suspension, the Union boss cannot be in the stadium tunnel area, locker room or on the field until the final whistle. He may not to sit in the press box or grandstands or have any kind of communication with his team during the game, according to the league release.
Video of the incident is below. Meanwhile, here is the complete rundown of MLS suspensions this year, as the league implements its course correction to better on-field behavior.
- Houston’s Colin Clark suspended for three games and fined for using a homophobic slur on the field
- Houston’s Adam Moffat suspended and fined for one game for a reckless challenge
- Seattle’s Álvaro Fernández fined for embellishment of contact
- D.C. United’s Brandon McDonald suspended and fined for one game for a reckless challenge
- Dallas’ Jair Benítez suspended and fined for one game for violent conduct
- Vancouver’s Atiba Harris suspended and fined for one game for violent conduct
- D.C. United’s Danny Cruz fined for embellishment of contact
- New England’s Shalrie Joseph suspended and fined for one game for reckless challenge
- New York’s Rafa Márquez suspended for three games and fined for violent conduct
- San Jose’s Marvin Chávez suspended for one game and fined for reckless challenge
- Dallas’ Blas Perez suspended for one game and fined for violent conduct
Jan 30, 2015, 11:57 PM EST
Transfer deals that have been confirmed over the past day or so.
Jan 30, 2015, 10:59 PM EST
Bayern Munich head man Pep Guardiola sees where his squad went wrong in its 4-1 defeat against Bundesliga opponent VfL Wolfsburg.
Jan 30, 2015, 9:48 PM EST
Roy Keane is at the forefront of trouble again.
Jan 30, 2015, 9:08 PM EST
Preview of a previously eye-catching match, Manchester City v. Leicester City, tomorrow morning on NBCSN.
Jan 30, 2015, 7:49 PM EST
The Men in Blazers are at it again.
Jan 30, 2015, 7:00 PM EST
Danny Ings looks poised to stay at Burnley due to a certain transfer rule that would block his departure to Liverpool.
Jan 30, 2015, 6:05 PM EST
United States and Borussia Dortmund II’s Joe Gyau underwent another surgery on his torn meniscus, and he could be done for the season.
Jan 30, 2015, 5:20 PM EST
Real Madrid midfielder Gareth Bale will replace Cristiano Ronaldo as the current world’s best player will serve a two-match ban coming from last week’s tilt vs. Cordoba.
Jan 30, 2015, 4:35 PM EST
Preview of Hull City vs. Newcastle on NBCSN this Saturday morning.
Jan 30, 2015, 3:45 PM EST
Juan Agudelo is back with Major League Soccer’s New England Revolution, and amidst a few possible issues, there is no reason his addition cannot help guide Jay Heaps’ side to victorious ways in the East.
Jan 30, 2015, 3:07 PM EST
Let’s take a gander at how things may’ve changed since JPW checked the needs earlier this month.
Jan 30, 2015, 2:00 PM EST
Where and how to watch every PL game during Week 23, here.
Jan 30, 2015, 1:48 PM EST
If my math’s right, and it probably isn’t, close to 10 percent of the world’s population will watch Manchester City visit Chelsea on Saturday.
Jan 30, 2015, 1:06 PM EST
The Socceroos have received a single goal from nine other players in a bid to become the first hosts to win the Asian Cup since Japan in 1992.
Jan 30, 2015, 12:52 PM EST
Cameron talks about his love for the Pats, growing up in Boston and more in his latest dispatch from England.
Jan 30, 2015, 12:22 PM EST
PST’s Joe Prince-Wright and Mike Prindiville sit down to talk Lampard vs. Chelsea in this week’s PST Extra, with a little Diego Costa suspension talk as well.
Jan 30, 2015, 12:02 PM EST
PST’s Lead Writer and Editor predicts the winners and losers in Week 23.
Jan 30, 2015, 11:40 AM EST
There are big ones, and there are bigger ones… and this one’s a doozy.
Jan 30, 2015, 10:54 AM EST
There’s quite a bit of saccharine in this perfect PR story, but it’s a cool tale nonetheless.
Jan 30, 2015, 10:19 AM EST
“We have more 49ers season ticket holders in Sacramento than we do in San Francisco,” the 49ers CEO said
- Premier League transfer needs: What’s been done and what’s left to do by Monday? 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 23 0
- Geoff Cameron predicts Super Bowl XLIX win for his New England Patriots 1
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester City, Arsenal, Saints to win 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Ban upheld: Diego Costa to miss Saturday’s visit from Manchester City, 2 more 3