Apr 26, 2012, 7:00 AM EDT
What we’re thinking, what we’re watching, what’s coming on the blog today and the RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day). Setting up your day in soccer …
Big Important story of the day: Coming out of Europe, the final Champions League semifinal leftovers will be cleared off the media table. And on our side of the Atlantic, Major League Soccer will (probably) hand out suspensions today.
What you should watch on TV: Not much out there today. Honestly, I don’t know about the rest of you, but with Champions League tenseness the last two days, and with a big mid-day match ahead on Monday from England, I could use the break.
Ahead on the blog today*: As its NFL Draft Day, college selections are on my mind. I’ll look back on which MLS clubs have done well for themselves at recent SuperDrafts.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day): Leo Cullen
Twitter dap: Jürgen Klinsmann (@J_Klinsmann): “It has been another great season of Champions League. Looking forward to the Final between Chelsea and Bayern Munich at the Allianz Arena.”
PST background noise while blogging today: Jessica Lea Mayfield
We’ll leave you with this: I know a lot of people are upset about all the starters out for the Champions League final, and the issue of caution accumulation will be topical in days to come. The cry will rise to eliminate or curtail the practice cards carrying over from one round the next in a tournament. But there’s another way to look at it: Don’t get yellow cards!
*Always subject to change; you know how it is
- Stock Falling: Which U.S. players’ statures are slipping … 0
- Get to your DVRs as soon as possible, because that Italy-Japan match was a classic 0
- Stock Rising: United States men whose values are rising out of Salt Lake 1
- MLS Preview: Portland Timbers at LA Galaxy 0
- Goal, assist from Neymar give Brazil win, prolong Mexico’s woes 2
- Graham Zusi keeps making it harder for Landon Donovan to get back into U.S. national team (29)
- Broadcast of U.S. v. Panama was second highest audience for World Cup Qualifier (14)
- Marseille’s hideous away kit one of the worst of all time (14)
- Orlando City dumps Sporting Kansas City out of U.S. Open Cup, extend unbeaten streak to 14 matches (13)
- It’s time FIFA reconsiders the Confederations Cup bid to the Oceania region (13)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Police clash with protesters in Brazil
- Play Video: Highlights: Sounders win in final minutes
- Play Video: Highlights: Revolution dismantle Galaxy
- Play Video: What does New York FC have to do to succeed?
- Play Video: The Hype: Bending the screen like Beckham
- Play Video: Galaxy's Rogers talks about coming out to the public