Apr 27, 2012, 10:32 AM EDT
I already spelled out how I felt about what Barcelona’s accomplished manager and the peerless product he assembled over four years at the Nou Camp. Here’s what others have to say about Pep Guardiola’s unprecedented, all-to-brief time in charge of the Blaugrana, plus lots more.
From the BBC, some thoughts on Guardiola’s legacy.
This is from about a month ago: It’s an enlightened, tactical look at the way Guardiola did things at Barcelona. (If you’re a tactics nerd – and I’m guilty, for sure – this is a fantastic piece.)
Titles under Pep Guardiola since 2008
- La Liga crowns in 2008/09, 2009/10, 2010/11
- Champions League winners in 2009, 2011
- Copa del Rey titles in 2009 (2012 still in contention)
- Spanish Super Cups in 2009, 2010, 2011
- UEFA Super Cups in 2009, 2011
- FIFA Club World Cups in 2009, 2011
Here, the Guardian briefs us on Tito Vilanova, the man already named to replace Barca’s heralded boss.
Mark Doyle at Goal.com says Guardiola has earned the right to walk away on his terms.
Barcelona-based Graham Hunter, writing for ESPN.com, wondered after last week’s Clasico if this was really the way either manager at Real Madrid or Barcelona wanted to sign off?
- Talking points on Portland’s 2-2 draw with Vancouver 0
- PSG president confirms Saturday was likely David Beckham’s farewell match 2
- As Alex Ferguson says goodbye, Manchester United’s cupboard remains stocked 0
- Bayern Munich finish German season 25 points ahead of Borussia Dortmund 0
- England’s top four: Games that matter in the English Premier League’s last round 0
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team
- Play Video: Red Bulls pull off win on the road
- Play Video: Highlights: Montreal extinguish Chicago