Apr 28, 2012, 7:05 AM EDT
How nice would it be for U.S. international Clint Dempsey to cap off his momentous week with a landmark goal today?
Dempsey is looking for No. 50 in a Fulham shirt. If he gets it today, Dempsey will reach the milepost against his buddy and U.S. teammate Tim Howard. Either way, it’s been a big week for the Texan, coming after finishing fourth in balloting for the prestigious Football Writers’ Association Player of the Year Award.
Dempsey was typically low key about his individual achievement. “Now it’s about finishing the job off and getting as many points as we can from these last four games to try and finish as high up the table as we possibly can,” he told Fulham’s official website.
The game (Everton vs. Fulham) would be Saturday’s pancake special on Fox Soccer Channel but there’s a big one being shown instead. Which one was it … let’s see … yes, here it is:
Newcastle vs. Wigan?
Well, I’m sure FSC has a good reason for bringing that one live, then showing Everton-Fulham at 5 p.m. ET on tape-delay.
Dempsey teammate John Arne Riise previews his team’s match against Everton here.
- In MLS, West is best… at least for a weekend 1
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- Quick Six: Chelsea’s second halves, Fulham helps Cardiff, and the rest of the headlines from this weekend’s Premier League action 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Boyd and Johannsson shine again 1
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Red Bulls' Opening Act Has A Nightmare Finish
- MLS 2014: Dream Team of Week 1
- Jens Lehmann Downplays Guardiola's Bayern Munich
- Chivas USA Hang on to Take all 3 Points From Chicago Fire
- Three Things: Manchester City - Wigan
- Monarcas Morelia Hire 4th Manager of the Season
- What Moyes Really Meant by Asking Fans for More Time at Man United
- Manchester United Set to Sign Record $1 Billion Sponsorship Deal with Nike
- Will Johnson: We Weren't All Quite at the Races
- Owners Legal Issues Have Caught Up to Queretaro