Apr 29, 2012, 9:14 AM EDT
So much is already going right at D.C. United in April, and now Dwayne De Rosario is on one of his signature runs.
United’s swashbuckling scorer-playmaker always has the goods. Sometimes, however, he packs extras supplies.
In these extended moments, “De Ro” deserves special attention from everyone. In the stands, for instance, I would advise that everyone put down the popcorn and soda pop whenever he finds the ball inside opposition half.
Actually, check that. One of his special moments Saturday from RFK Stadium actually started inside his own half.
Greater match analysis of the 3-2 victory is here, posted last night by Richard Farley.
Meanwhile, watch the highlights from yesterday’s win over Houston at RFK, where De Rosario scored his first goal of 2012, helped arrange another by drawing a big crowd before pushing the ball wide for an uncontested service and generally made people stand up and applaud.
Oh, and watch his amazing run in the 82nd minute. It didn’t result in a goal, but it’s a great demonstration of the sort of dazzling moment he’s capable of manufacturing at any moment – and especially when he gets into the groove.
- Official: Neymar to join Barcelona 1
- Bayern Munich – Borussia Dortmund: The tactics and the game’s shifting momentum 0
- Bayern Munich 2-1 Borussia Dortmund: Robben the hero, Bayern crowned Champions League winners 4
- Two last points on the Robbie Rogers trade news 1
- Champions League final preview: A bitter rivalry with much higher stakes 0
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? (25)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- USA Today reports LA Galaxy trade Mike Magee for rights to Robbie Rogers (14)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?