May 1, 2012, 8:55 AM EDT
Hard to say whether the news is good or bad on dynamic Seattle midfielder Mauro Rosales, who suffered yet another injury setback on Saturday.
Rosales, having an MVP year in Seattle last season before an injury late in the campaign cut his time short, started in Saturday’s win in Chicago but had to leave six minutes after halftime, the result of a fresh injury.
Now Rosales says he might be ready by Wednesday when the Sounders face Los Angeles in the league’s first big May meeting. Only, does this sound like a guy ready to take on the league champs?
“I have inflammation and a little blood in the ankle. I think with pills, I’m doing what I have to do with the medical staff and I’ll check in on Tuesday. It’s going to be good. I was worried that there was something wrong with the bone, but it’s OK.”
That’s from MLSSoccer.com’s report on Rosales.
It also says Alvaro Fernandez could be ready. He’s missed two matches but did resume full training on Monday. Together, Rosales and Fernandez represent Seattle’s top choice outside midfielders.
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market 12
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. 28
- Gareth Bale set to re-sign with Tottenham – But is it a good deal for the Welshman? 7
- Looking back at Week 6 of the NWSL season 2
- Movement in the LA Galaxy-Omar Gonzalez situation 6
- Bigger impact on U.S. soccer growth: David Beckham or Pele? (35)
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (34)
- Portland ball kid correct to deny Mario de Luna (12)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (12)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (12)
- Live Extra: Watch Sharks-Kings, Game 4
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Andy Murray out of French Open due to back injury
- PFT: Woodson returns to Raiders for up to $4.3M
- Play Video: Premier League drama set to thrill
- Play Video: Premier League: Real English drama
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team