May 2, 2012, 12:15 PM EDT
People in Houston are so excited about next week’s opening of BBVA Compass Stadium, they can’t even hold their cameras still. Seriously, look at that fuzzy photo on the right, courtesy of a local news site.
The latest news is of Tuesday’s ribbon cutting ceremony. Lots of people in suits and fancy titles attended, and they brought out those comically big scissors for the ceremony. (Where do you buy those things, anyway?)
More progress comes in the stadium’s Dynamo Team Store, which opens Thursday. For those carrying any odd fears or issues with the color orange, it’s probably not the place for you.
The Dynamo will hold a training session on Saturday at the stadium, open only to season ticket holders.
A “test match” of sorts is set for May 10, a Dynamo Academy team vs. U.S. under-17s. The grand launch is May 12, when Dominic Kinnear’s team faced D.C. United on NBC Sports Network.
- What we learned from Tuesday’s U.S. win over Panama (19)
- Which U.S. men have locked up World Cup roster spots? (16)
- Three huge positives to take from USA’s convincing win over Panama (15)
- Broadcast of U.S. v. Panama was second highest audience for World Cup Qualifier (14)
- Marseille’s hideous away kit one of the worst of all time (14)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Play Video: Police clash with protesters in Brazil
- Play Video: Highlights: Sounders win in final minutes
- Play Video: Highlights: Revolution dismantle Galaxy
- Play Video: What does New York FC have to do to succeed?
- Play Video: The Hype: Bending the screen like Beckham
- Play Video: Galaxy's Rogers talks about coming out to the public