May 2, 2012, 11:46 PM EDT
Remember the old MTV Rock and Jock games? Those televised catastrophes with half-athlete, half-celebrity teams?
Well, if this goal were scored in one of those games, it’d be worth 10.
Looks like Montero was just inside double the penalty area’s width, so we can call it 34 yards.
Just look at the flight on the ball. It doesn’t seem like it’s hit all that hard, but it barely starts descending as it nears the crossbar.
This isn’t the first time we’ve seen Montero launch that kind of bomb, and a few of them have hit home during this MLS career. All that bigs a question: What was LA’s defense doing?
The score made it 2-0, after which the match went flat. Safe to say, this was a deflating goal.
And to think: Some people were starting to wonder why Montero had yet to score.
- VIDEO: Mario Balotelli takes amazing selfie with two pitch invaders 0
- Teams confirm Dejan Lovren completes transfer from Southampton to Liverpool 0
- Loïc Rémy fails medical, move to Liverpool is off 5
- Ángel Di María approaching Paris Saint-Germain move 0
- Personal terms all that separates Griezmann from $40 million move to Atlético Madrid 0
- Manuel Pellegrini talks title ambitions, Manchester City vs. AC Milan, US tour 1