May 2, 2012, 11:46 PM EST
Remember the old MTV Rock and Jock games? Those televised catastrophes with half-athlete, half-celebrity teams?
Well, if this goal were scored in one of those games, it’d be worth 10.
Looks like Montero was just inside double the penalty area’s width, so we can call it 34 yards.
Just look at the flight on the ball. It doesn’t seem like it’s hit all that hard, but it barely starts descending as it nears the crossbar.
This isn’t the first time we’ve seen Montero launch that kind of bomb, and a few of them have hit home during this MLS career. All that bigs a question: What was LA’s defense doing?
The score made it 2-0, after which the match went flat. Safe to say, this was a deflating goal.
And to think: Some people were starting to wonder why Montero had yet to score.
- After failed odyssey abroad, Brek Shea returns to MLS with Orlando City 0
- Lille, Werder Bremen noted frontrunners for Jozy Altidore’s services 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 17 0
- Another set back for Southampton: Jay Rodriguez’s nightmare year continues 0
- Premier League Preview: Aston Villa vs. Manchester United 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Everton, Manchester United, Liverpool 0