May 2, 2012, 11:46 PM EDT
Remember the old MTV Rock and Jock games? Those televised catastrophes with half-athlete, half-celebrity teams?
Well, if this goal were scored in one of those games, it’d be worth 10.
Looks like Montero was just inside double the penalty area’s width, so we can call it 34 yards.
Just look at the flight on the ball. It doesn’t seem like it’s hit all that hard, but it barely starts descending as it nears the crossbar.
This isn’t the first time we’ve seen Montero launch that kind of bomb, and a few of them have hit home during this MLS career. All that bigs a question: What was LA’s defense doing?
The score made it 2-0, after which the match went flat. Safe to say, this was a deflating goal.
And to think: Some people were starting to wonder why Montero had yet to score.
- Americans Abroad Review: Bedoya buries one, Boyd bags brace 1
- David Moyes vilified on return to Everton, as Manchester United nightmare continues 1
- Everton 2-0 Manchester United: Toffees rampant in miserable return for Moyes 1
- Miami mayor hits back at Beckham stadium critics 4
- Norwich City 2-3 Liverpool: Sterling, Reds with one hand on the title 4
- Premier League Sunday Preview: Liverpool’s chance to tighten its grip; Fourth place in focus 0