May 2, 2012, 11:46 PM EDT
Remember the old MTV Rock and Jock games? Those televised catastrophes with half-athlete, half-celebrity teams?
Well, if this goal were scored in one of those games, it’d be worth 10.
Looks like Montero was just inside double the penalty area’s width, so we can call it 34 yards.
Just look at the flight on the ball. It doesn’t seem like it’s hit all that hard, but it barely starts descending as it nears the crossbar.
This isn’t the first time we’ve seen Montero launch that kind of bomb, and a few of them have hit home during this MLS career. All that bigs a question: What was LA’s defense doing?
The score made it 2-0, after which the match went flat. Safe to say, this was a deflating goal.
And to think: Some people were starting to wonder why Montero had yet to score.
- Klinsmann on USMNT’s win over Guatemala: “I’m not happy with that performance” 1
- 2011 Women’s World Cup final loss still burns in Abby Wambach’s memory 1
- USMNT player ratings: How Klinsmann’s men fared against Guatemala 1
- USA 4-0 Guatemala: USMNT cruises into Gold Cup with win in Nashville 0
- World players’ union FIFPro opens door to women for first time in 50-year history 0
- How will USMNT line up vs. Guatemala in final pre-Gold Cup friendly? 3