May 2, 2012, 11:34 AM EDT
I just talked to L.A. Galaxy spokesman Justin Pearson, who told me that neither David Beckham nor Robbie Keane traveled with the team for tonight’s match at CenturyLink Field.
The news of Beckham being rested for this one broke yesterday. Keane came as a bit of a surprise; Pearson said Keane was healthy but being rested, similar to Beckham.
But Landon Donovan is, indeed, with the club in Seattle. Reports had drifted out that L.A.’s U.S. international had also been left behind. That would have left the champs even more painfully shorthanded, considering their well-documented back line issues and their recent, unfortunate tumult in goal.
- With MLS expansion done for now, where the league priorities should land 7
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? 18
- Champions League Final infographic: Borussia Dortmund vs. Bayern Munich 0
- NWSL Game of the Week: Sky Blue FC vs. FC Kansas City 0
- Yahoo! reports: Mourinho to sign 4-year deal with Chelsea, will be unveiled June 2 0
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- Gareth Bale set to re-sign with Tottenham – But is it a good deal for the Welshman? (9)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights