May 4, 2012, 4:05 PM EDT
Nothing gets my soccer toes to tappin’ like a new stadium. Which is why we’ll be all over the Houston Dynamo new stadium opening over the coming 10 days. BBVA Compass Stadium opens a week from Saturday in downtown Houston.
The fiesta has already started – and it’s safe to say the excitement over this lid lift stretches beyond the PST staff.
What says “excitement” like camping out over night to be the first to get inside … wait for it … the official team store?
The new Dynamo team store at BBVA did open Thursday. And we confirmed with a Dynamo official this morning that a line did form and that fans did, in fact, camp out to be first to the racks. Four of them, to be exact. But who cares how many? That’s brilliant stuff.
In this case, the early bird got … the third kit. The stadium store actually sold out of the Dynamo third kit that day. So how do like those orange apples?
Props, by the way, do the Dynamo staff, which heard about the campers and sent pizza.
Here’s a video from the third kit photo shoot, courtesy of the Houston Dynamo.
- Official: Neymar to join Barcelona 1
- Bayern Munich – Borussia Dortmund: The tactics and the game’s shifting momentum 0
- Bayern Munich 2-1 Borussia Dortmund: Robben the hero, Bayern crowned Champions League winners 4
- Two last points on the Robbie Rogers trade news 1
- Champions League final preview: A bitter rivalry with much higher stakes 0
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? (25)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- USA Today reports LA Galaxy trade Mike Magee for rights to Robbie Rogers (14)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?