May 6, 2012, 1:15 PM EDT
The Olympics will be here before you know it. In fact, the days are disappearing right before your soccer-loving eyes.
As you watch and listen to U.S. goalkeeper Hope Solo talk about the big summer ahead, about the United States’ chances at a third Olympics gold, she and the NBC Sports gang mentioned “83 days” until the London games. Only, by today the sum has fallen to 82 days.
See … just about here.
Solo stopped by yesterday’s Seattle Sounders match to sign some autographs and spend a little time with NBC Sports soccer voices Arlo White and Kyle Martino.
Just thinking about playing in the Olympic final at famed Wembley Stadium gives Solo the chills. Of course, there’s tons of work ahead of any such appointment. Solo can tell you all about it.
- Two last points on the Robbie Rogers trade news 0
- Champions League final preview: A bitter rivalry with much higher stakes 0
- With MLS expansion done for now, where the league priorities should land 11
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? 25
- Champions League Final infographic: Borussia Dortmund vs. Bayern Munich 1
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? (25)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- USA Today reports LA Galaxy trade Mike Magee for rights to Robbie Rogers (12)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona