May 6, 2012, 8:45 AM EST
Jozy Altidore says he’s fine to play today in his team’s big match, with playoff implications on the Dutch Eredivisie. (Yes, the Dutch league has playoffs; so what say all ye traditionalists who can’t stand playoffs in MLS?)
Whether he does play is up to the staff of course. But Altidore is ready for Sunday’s regular season finale as AZ Aklmaar hosts mid-table FC Groningen.
During an interview on Soccer Today (a show I co-host along with Marc Stein), Altidore said he never consciousness after the nasty spill last week into a hard structure along the sideline. He said there was a lot of pain and a back bruise, and admits that he needed some time to get his bearings, but sound like he’s up for it.
“I was definitely out of it for a second, but I didn’t lose consciousness. I was definitely awake, but it was a bit surreal for me,” he said.
In the 12-minute interview, Altidore said he’s loving his place in soccer and in life right now, enjoying the Netherlands scene and having that fantastic season, with 19 goals for AZ.
Altidore also explains the Dutch playoffs (for a Europa spot) and about a better form of pressure that he’s feeling this year.
Dec 4, 2013, 5:48 PM EST
Moyes says lack of “fortune” hurt United after Red Devils lose yet another home game:
Dec 4, 2013, 5:31 PM EST
The visitors hit Southampton with quick breaks, coming away with a win and proving that possession is, in fact, just nine-tenths of the law.
West Bromwich Albion 2-3 Manchester City: Citizens address road worries with convincing performance at The Hawthorns
Dec 4, 2013, 5:20 PM EST
Two from Yaya Touré and an opener from Kun Agüero helped City address their road demons.
Dec 4, 2013, 5:09 PM EST
Spurs sent a dagger into the hearts of Fulham fans, who saw their club put in an inspired performance only to be sunk by a pair of beautiful strikes from unlikely heroes.
Dec 4, 2013, 5:03 PM EST
Hazard’s masterclass pushes Chelsea over the line against spirited Black Cats:
Dec 4, 2013, 4:55 PM EST
Four goals and an assist for Luis Suárez as Liverpool ran wild over Norwich.
Dec 4, 2013, 4:51 PM EST
Gunners keep firing as they stay top of the tree with comfortable win over Tigers:
Dec 4, 2013, 4:50 PM EST
Peter Crouch and company failed to produce a breakthrough despite owning nearly every chance and plenty of possession.
Dec 4, 2013, 4:47 PM EST
With five minutes left to play, Bryan Oviedo clinched the winner for Everton, keeping them above Manchester United in the table.
Dec 4, 2013, 4:46 PM EST
Second win in three sees Swansea bring Newcastle’s run to an end in Wales.
Dec 4, 2013, 3:32 PM EST
35 minutes was all it took for Luis Suárez to score his third hat trick in three seasons against Norwich.
Dec 4, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
USMNT striker opens the scoring… but Chelsea come roaring back. Watch live:
Dec 4, 2013, 2:50 PM EST
Third place City hope to cure the road woes when they visit The Hawthorns.
Dec 4, 2013, 2:45 PM EST
Former Manchester United assistant Rene Meulensteen will make his managerial debut with Fulham at home against a Spurs squad coming off an energizing draw with Meulensteen’s old club.
Dec 4, 2013, 2:40 PM EST
Two teams drifting in opposition directions meet at the Liberty Stadium, with Newcastle hoping to crack the Premier League’s top four.
Dec 4, 2013, 2:35 PM EST
Can Peter Crouch add to his lone Premier League goal this season for Mark Hughes in front of the home fans?
Dec 4, 2013, 2:30 PM EST
Can the Black Cats beat the Blues at the Stadium of Light? Watch live, right here:
Dec 4, 2013, 2:25 PM EST
Saints seek to get themselves back on track with a victory over a Villa side that’s quite good on the road.
Dec 4, 2013, 2:20 PM EST
Will Norwich manage any surprises against Liverpool?
Dec 4, 2013, 2:16 PM EST
The Gunners are aiming to extend their lead at the top… but an upset could be brewing at the Emirates. Watch live, right here:
- David Moyes bemoans bad luck as former side Everton come back to haunt him 0
- West Bromwich Albion 2-3 Manchester City: Citizens address road worries with convincing performance at The Hawthorns 0
- Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Blues grab crucial away win as Hazard dazzles 0
- Arsenal 2-0 Hull City: Bendtner and Ozil keep Gunners top 0
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw 16
- How well did Major League Soccer’s format work in 2013? Few qualms with this year’s results 8
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: Here’s how it’s going to work 1
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States 14
- Sit down with Orlando City SC: Taking on Beckham, emulating the Timbers and Kaka in 2015 – Part I (21)
- USA drop one spot to 14th in latest FIFA World Rankings, Portugal surge to fifth (19)
- Video of Jermaine Jones’ terrific goal Saturday for Schalke (17)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (16)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (14)