May 7, 2012, 3:02 PM EDT
No surprises here as L.A. Galaxy forward Robbie Keane has been named to Ireland’s roster for Euro 2012.
This year’s tournament, co-hosted by Poland and the Ukraine, begins June 8. (A fancy, interactive calendar from UEFA’s official site is here.)
Most teams will get into camp next week, so Keane figures to miss somewhere around five league matches for the Galaxy while doing his business for Giovanni Trapattoni’s squad.
Elsewhere provisional squads are being named, as with the Netherlands and Germany here.
ProSoccerTalk is doing its best to keep you up to date on what’s going on in Poland and Ukraine. Check out the site’s Euro 2012 page and look at the site’s previews, predictions, and coverage of all the events defining UEFA’s championship.
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? (13)
- Gareth Bale set to re-sign with Tottenham – But is it a good deal for the Welshman? (9)
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional