Missing Passages from ‘Jag ar Zlatan': Appendix I, things Ibrahimovic hates

May 7, 2012, 8:59 PM EDT

Zlatan autobiography

Unfortunately for readers of Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s awesomely outrageous autobiography (published in Italian and Swedish in late 2011), our traditional, “human” book format couldn’t contain all of his greatness. Even the English translation included in his iPad app proved too restrictive, leaving literally millions of passages on the proverbial cutting room floor. Thankfully, ProSoccerTalk has recovered one of these curiously-timed passages:

Of course, while I was telling this man how he should write my book, we would often talk about the many things that are wrong with the world. Often, it can be a sad, sad place. But Zlatan is not a sad man, and to give something to the fans that is about anything but my perpetual success would be wrong.  The book must tell the true story of the best player in the world.

But then we thought: Would history look kindle on us if we chose to keep any of Zlatan’s beliefs from his fans? I played the role of history and answered the question: No, I would not.

Once my writer told me about appendices and I agreed they should be a real thing, it made sense to list all the world’s wrongs in one place. Please, do not blame me for their existence. Blame yourselves.

There are exactly 10 problems with the world:

1. Dwelling on titles – I hate this. I don’t prioritize winning league titles (never have) which is why I decided not to win the scudetto in 2012. Yes, it was my decision (the coverage will say otherwise). It made me sick, hearing so many people talking about Zlatan finished first for almost 10 straight years. Soccer is not about individual accomplishments. That title streak had to go.

2. Diego Milito – He’ll always be Rebound to me. If a hat trick in a Milan derby was so important, why hasn’t anybody bothered to do it 62 years? Some questions are so obvious, they don’t have to be asked. Milito will always be the player you buy after Zlatan tells you he’s leaving. Milan will call him soon.

3. 12-yard penalty kicks – Boring. I hate them. There is no honor from making a penalty kick from only 12 yards away. It’s emotional seppuku. Once, I saw Rebound convert two in a Milan derby. Could he do the same from the top of the arc? 22 yards is nothing for Zlatan. Can Rebound say the same?

4. Coachella – Seriously. It’s horrible. I hate it so much. They asked if they could use Zlatan’s likeness for a hologram that would play lead guitar during Radiohead’s set. I said, “Please wait until I’m dead to destroy my soul.” I made $12,000,000 last year and can’t justify spending two krona on that jaded cash trap.

5. Your fake blog that thinks I know the future – Stop being stupid. I hate you. If, in theory, I knew the future, I would not be able to tell anybody. As any young boy trying to hide his comic books from Sanela knows, superpowers can’t be flaunted. You have to live lonely and isolated knowing you can never share your true self with the world. Zlatan is not lonely and isolated, therefore Zlatan can’t tell the future. Flawless logic.

6. Knowing the future – It’s lonely. And isolating. I hate it.

7. Not being able to tell people about being bought by Real Madrid – Silvio doesn’t know this yet, but I have decided I will must bring the decima to Real Madrid. My powers transcend Mourinho’s, so it only makes sense. I already sent a text to the Philosopher saying “Oh, please stay at Barça one more year. You’re my hero and” blah, blah, blah – it didn’t work. I knew it wouldn’t, of course. Sigh.

8. Gigi Buffon – That Buffon failed to thank me for Juventus’s scudetto is very painful. He thanked Alessandro, Pavel, David. He even acknowledged Mauro, whose hair was so inferior to Zlatan’s that he eventually cut it. How can Buffon not see that I wanted Juventus to win? I hate him. How else would they have won?

9. IKEA – I am Swedish. That doesn’t mean I know how to put together that couch. It’s furniture for university kids. I am a soccer icon. I’m tempted to buy the company just so I can hide all the screws. I so hate screws.

10. Playing for Sweden – I was forced to decline an invitation to hunt white tigers from helicopters because Sweden has qualified for Euro 2012. I hate this, though hunting with weapons was starting to bore me. I have been told there’s a new documentary were a child uses a bow and arrow to battle other children? Clearly my crossbow has become passé.

I know there are many things in your life that you hate, but I allow myself only 10. I am Zlatan. Of course.

Latest Posts
  1. MLS Snapshot: Colorado Rapids 1-1 FC Dallas

Apr 25, 2015, 12:21 AM EDT

Colorado Rapids vs Columbus Crew Colorado Rapids vs Columbus Crew

FC Dallas took the lead into halftime, but a second half red card to Blas Perez let Colorado sneak back for a point.

2. Tony Pulis: I’m more than just an escape artist

Apr 24, 2015, 11:10 PM EDT

Crystal Palace v West Bromwich Albion - Premier League Getty Images

Tony Pulis is known for turning around struggling clubs, but the West Brom manager says he is more than just a last resort.

3. MLS Snapshot: Chicago Fire 1-0 New York City FC

Apr 24, 2015, 10:20 PM EDT

Toronto FC v Chicago Fire Getty Images

David Accam’s first MLS goal was enough for Chicago to down a NYCFC side that played more than 60 minutes a man down.

4. Americans Abroad preview: Howard and Guzan face Manchester opposition

Apr 24, 2015, 9:38 PM EDT

Everton v Burnley - Premier League Getty Images

Tim Howard takes on his former club Manchester United, while Brad Guzan looks to keep Manchester City off the scoresheet.

5. Tottenham looking to sell Adebayor at season’s end

Apr 24, 2015, 8:50 PM EDT

FBL-ENG-FA CUP-TOTTENHAM-LEICESTER Getty Images

Finding a club to pay his $150,000 per week wages is the only problem for Spurs.

6. Premier League Preview: West Bromwich Albion vs. Liverpool

Apr 24, 2015, 7:46 PM EDT

Aston Villa v Liverpool - FA Cup Semi-Final Aston Villa v Liverpool - FA Cup Semi-Final

The Baggies must defend The Hawthorns as Liverpool is barely clinging on to top-four dreams.

7. Hull City players face pay cuts up to 50-percent if relegated

Apr 24, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT

Swansea City v Hull City - Premier League Getty Images

Clinging onto safety in the Premier League, Hull City players now have some added incentive to avoid the drop.

8. Van Gaal: Ryan Giggs will be the next manager at Manchester United

Apr 24, 2015, 5:37 PM EDT

Manchester United Training and Press Conference Manchester United Training and Press Conference

Still in his first season as manager at Old Trafford, LVG has already endorsed his top assistant to be the next in line.

9. Premier League Preview: Manchester City vs. Aston Villa

Apr 24, 2015, 4:42 PM EDT

Can Tim Sherwood and Aston Villa continue their climb up the table at the Etihad?

10. SportsWorld: Jose Fonte talks playing with Ronaldo, shares thoughts on MLS

Apr 24, 2015, 3:42 PM EDT

Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton - Premier League Getty Images

PST’s Joe Prince-Wright sat down with the Southampton defender to see how the Saints’ skipper has evolved into one of the best center-backs in the Premier League.

11. VIDEO: PST Extra asks if Liverpool, Manchester City should get new managers

Apr 24, 2015, 2:50 PM EDT

Liverpool v Manchester City Getty Images

In the latest PST Extra we take a quick look at why whispers about managers losing their jobs at Liverpool, Man City are getting louder.

12. Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Time for the underdogs to shine

Apr 24, 2015, 2:06 PM EDT

Chelsea v Burnley - Premier League Getty Images

PST’s Lead Writer and Editor predicts the scores in the PL this weekend.

13. Could Tottenham share their stadium with an NFL team? Here’s how it will work

Apr 24, 2015, 1:25 PM EDT

SPURSSTADIUM1

Spurs are reportedly in talks with the NFL about housing a franchise in their new stadium.

14. VIDEO: PST Extra picks Premier League’s Best XI from 2014-15 season. Agree?

Apr 24, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT

Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League Getty Images

What do you think of these 11 players getting Team of the Year honors?

15. WATCH: NBC Sports’ Premier League TV schedule – Week 34

Apr 24, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT

PremierLeagueNBC

Where and how to watch every PL game during Week 34.

16. Jose Mourinho: “Arsene Wenger is not my rival” ahead of Arsenal vs. Chelsea

Apr 24, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT

WengerMourinho Getty Images

Mourinho stirs the pot before huge clash with Arsenal on Sunday.

17. Premier League Preview: Southampton vs. Tottenham Hotspur

Apr 24, 2015, 9:25 AM EDT

Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton - Premier League Getty Images

Can Saints get revenge on Pochettino as he returns to St Mary’s? Watch live, Saturday, 7:45 a.m ET.

18. Injury update on Chelsea’s Diego Costa. Is he fit for London derby vs. Arsenal?

Apr 24, 2015, 8:10 AM EDT

Chelsea v Liverpool - Capital One Cup Semi-Final: Second Leg Getty Images

Jose Mourinho has delivered an update on Costa’s progress ahead of Sunday’s big game.

19. Pochettino: Avoiding Europa League could help Spurs make Champions League next year

Apr 23, 2015, 11:17 PM EDT

Mauricio Pochettino, Tottenham Hotspur FC Getty Images

Mauricio Pochettino feels that any team not having to contend with Europa League has a better chance of qualifying for Champions League.

Should Chelsea be more entertaining?