Missing Passages from ‘Jag ar Zlatan': Appendix I, things Ibrahimovic hates

May 7, 2012, 8:59 PM EST

Zlatan autobiography

Unfortunately for readers of Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s awesomely outrageous autobiography (published in Italian and Swedish in late 2011), our traditional, “human” book format couldn’t contain all of his greatness. Even the English translation included in his iPad app proved too restrictive, leaving literally millions of passages on the proverbial cutting room floor. Thankfully, ProSoccerTalk has recovered one of these curiously-timed passages:

Of course, while I was telling this man how he should write my book, we would often talk about the many things that are wrong with the world. Often, it can be a sad, sad place. But Zlatan is not a sad man, and to give something to the fans that is about anything but my perpetual success would be wrong.  The book must tell the true story of the best player in the world.

But then we thought: Would history look kindle on us if we chose to keep any of Zlatan’s beliefs from his fans? I played the role of history and answered the question: No, I would not.

Once my writer told me about appendices and I agreed they should be a real thing, it made sense to list all the world’s wrongs in one place. Please, do not blame me for their existence. Blame yourselves.

There are exactly 10 problems with the world:

1. Dwelling on titles – I hate this. I don’t prioritize winning league titles (never have) which is why I decided not to win the scudetto in 2012. Yes, it was my decision (the coverage will say otherwise). It made me sick, hearing so many people talking about Zlatan finished first for almost 10 straight years. Soccer is not about individual accomplishments. That title streak had to go.

2. Diego Milito – He’ll always be Rebound to me. If a hat trick in a Milan derby was so important, why hasn’t anybody bothered to do it 62 years? Some questions are so obvious, they don’t have to be asked. Milito will always be the player you buy after Zlatan tells you he’s leaving. Milan will call him soon.

3. 12-yard penalty kicks – Boring. I hate them. There is no honor from making a penalty kick from only 12 yards away. It’s emotional seppuku. Once, I saw Rebound convert two in a Milan derby. Could he do the same from the top of the arc? 22 yards is nothing for Zlatan. Can Rebound say the same?

4. Coachella – Seriously. It’s horrible. I hate it so much. They asked if they could use Zlatan’s likeness for a hologram that would play lead guitar during Radiohead’s set. I said, “Please wait until I’m dead to destroy my soul.” I made $12,000,000 last year and can’t justify spending two krona on that jaded cash trap.

5. Your fake blog that thinks I know the future – Stop being stupid. I hate you. If, in theory, I knew the future, I would not be able to tell anybody. As any young boy trying to hide his comic books from Sanela knows, superpowers can’t be flaunted. You have to live lonely and isolated knowing you can never share your true self with the world. Zlatan is not lonely and isolated, therefore Zlatan can’t tell the future. Flawless logic.

6. Knowing the future – It’s lonely. And isolating. I hate it.

7. Not being able to tell people about being bought by Real Madrid – Silvio doesn’t know this yet, but I have decided I will must bring the decima to Real Madrid. My powers transcend Mourinho’s, so it only makes sense. I already sent a text to the Philosopher saying “Oh, please stay at Barça one more year. You’re my hero and” blah, blah, blah – it didn’t work. I knew it wouldn’t, of course. Sigh.

8. Gigi Buffon – That Buffon failed to thank me for Juventus’s scudetto is very painful. He thanked Alessandro, Pavel, David. He even acknowledged Mauro, whose hair was so inferior to Zlatan’s that he eventually cut it. How can Buffon not see that I wanted Juventus to win? I hate him. How else would they have won?

9. IKEA – I am Swedish. That doesn’t mean I know how to put together that couch. It’s furniture for university kids. I am a soccer icon. I’m tempted to buy the company just so I can hide all the screws. I so hate screws.

10. Playing for Sweden – I was forced to decline an invitation to hunt white tigers from helicopters because Sweden has qualified for Euro 2012. I hate this, though hunting with weapons was starting to bore me. I have been told there’s a new documentary were a child uses a bow and arrow to battle other children? Clearly my crossbow has become passé.

I know there are many things in your life that you hate, but I allow myself only 10. I am Zlatan. Of course.

Latest Posts
  1. Russia to cut budget for 2018 World Cup, as economy continues to struggle

Jan 29, 2015, 3:18 PM EST

FIFA FIFA

Putin and Russia have already had to cut costs for the 2018 World Cup.

2. Alexis Sanchez an injury concern for Arsenal

Jan 29, 2015, 2:43 PM EST

Arsenal v Southampton - Premier League

Arsenal’s main man is touch and go for this weekend’s game against Aston Villa.

3. Daniel Sturridge could return from injury for Liverpool this weekend against West Ham

Jan 29, 2015, 2:00 PM EST

Liverpool FC Training Session Liverpool FC Training Session

Liverpool’s leading striker could return to action this Saturday after five months out.

4. How will Chelsea, Manchester City line up in huge Premier League clash?

Jan 29, 2015, 1:02 PM EST

Manchester City v Chelsea - Premier League Getty Images

With players out and title dreams on the line, how will Chelsea and City line up on Saturday?

5. VIDEO: Jurgen Klinsmann’s a stud, backheels TWO balls at the same time

Jan 29, 2015, 11:43 AM EST

jurgen_klinsmann Getty Images

Watch Klinsmann’s insane piece of skill from the friendly vs. Chile on Wednesday. My word.

6. Lots drawn: Guinea in, Mali out as Africa Cup of Nations quarterfinals set

Jan 29, 2015, 11:08 AM EST

FBL-AFR-2015-MATCH24-GUI-MLI FBL-AFR-2015-MATCH24-GUI-MLI

Guinea won the lottery and are through to the last eight. Here’s the quarterfinal field for AFCON.

7. Freddy Adu heading back to MLS? Reports claims two teams interested

Jan 29, 2015, 9:45 AM EST

Fredy Adu made his first start for Bahia in Brazil. Getty Images

Former D.C. United, RSL and Union player heading back home?

8. DONE DEAL: Arsenal, West Brom and Villarreal all got new players Wednesday

Jan 28, 2015, 11:10 PM EST

arsenal.com arsenal.com

So what went down on Wednesday, as the transfer window took another step toward slamming shut?

9. VIDEO: Christian Eriksen scores a free kick for the ages in League Cup semi

Jan 28, 2015, 10:20 PM EST

Sheffield United v Tottenham Hotspur - Capital One Cup Semi-Final: Second Leg Getty Images

Set up for a free kick outside the 18, Eriksen not only sent an arrow whizzing over the goal, but he managed to spin it into the far upper 90.

10. Real Madrid will change the name of the Santiago Bernabeu

Jan 28, 2015, 9:58 PM EST

Bernabeu Getty Images

The La Liga giant has woked out a sponsorship deal with United Arab Emirates-based International Petroleum Investment Company (IPIC).

11. USMNT postgame reaction: Jozy unsure of 3-5-2, Klinsmann explains changes

Jan 28, 2015, 9:17 PM EST

Klinsmann AP

Jurgen Klinsmann remained upbeat, while Jozy Altidore was obviously disappointed.

12. Player Ratings: Some good, some not so good in Chile’s 3-2 win over the U.S.

Jan 28, 2015, 8:42 PM EST

Chile US Soccer AP

Breaking down the good, the bad and the ugly from Wednesday’s 3-2 loss in Chile.

13. 3-5-2 system shows life, but plenty of work is needed

Jan 28, 2015, 8:15 PM EST

Yedlin Getty Images

Jurgen Klinsmann said he played the 3-CB system because he had DeAndre Yedlin available. So did it work?

14. Chile 3-2 USMNT: Another lead disintegrates for Klinsmann’s crew

Jan 28, 2015, 8:00 PM EST

Chile US Soccer AP

Another match fell apart in a haze of substitutions and mistakes as the United States blew a 2-1 lead in Rancagua on Wednesday night.

15. WATCH: Yedlin to Diskerud to Altidore, and U.S. goes up 2-1 over Chile

Jan 28, 2015, 7:03 PM EST

Honduras v United States Getty Images

Maybe Sunderland just doesn’t know how to use its forwards.

16. At the half: Altidore, Shea have USMNT leading Chile 2-1 (video)

Jan 28, 2015, 6:54 PM EST

@USSoccer @USSoccer

It was sloppy at times, with the States very much getting used to the 3-5-2 and both sides using a bevy of second-choice players.

17. WATCH: Brek Shea opens the scoring for the USMNT in Chile

Jan 28, 2015, 6:48 PM EST

Ukraine v USA - International Friendly Getty Images

Brek Shea’s first USMNT goal in a year and a half was a pretty nice finish.

Top five Premier League goals: Week 22