Missing Passages from ‘Jag ar Zlatan': Appendix I, things Ibrahimovic hates

May 7, 2012, 8:59 PM EDT

Zlatan autobiography

Unfortunately for readers of Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s awesomely outrageous autobiography (published in Italian and Swedish in late 2011), our traditional, “human” book format couldn’t contain all of his greatness. Even the English translation included in his iPad app proved too restrictive, leaving literally millions of passages on the proverbial cutting room floor. Thankfully, ProSoccerTalk has recovered one of these curiously-timed passages:

Of course, while I was telling this man how he should write my book, we would often talk about the many things that are wrong with the world. Often, it can be a sad, sad place. But Zlatan is not a sad man, and to give something to the fans that is about anything but my perpetual success would be wrong.  The book must tell the true story of the best player in the world.

But then we thought: Would history look kindle on us if we chose to keep any of Zlatan’s beliefs from his fans? I played the role of history and answered the question: No, I would not.

Once my writer told me about appendices and I agreed they should be a real thing, it made sense to list all the world’s wrongs in one place. Please, do not blame me for their existence. Blame yourselves.

There are exactly 10 problems with the world:

1. Dwelling on titles – I hate this. I don’t prioritize winning league titles (never have) which is why I decided not to win the scudetto in 2012. Yes, it was my decision (the coverage will say otherwise). It made me sick, hearing so many people talking about Zlatan finished first for almost 10 straight years. Soccer is not about individual accomplishments. That title streak had to go.

2. Diego Milito – He’ll always be Rebound to me. If a hat trick in a Milan derby was so important, why hasn’t anybody bothered to do it 62 years? Some questions are so obvious, they don’t have to be asked. Milito will always be the player you buy after Zlatan tells you he’s leaving. Milan will call him soon.

3. 12-yard penalty kicks – Boring. I hate them. There is no honor from making a penalty kick from only 12 yards away. It’s emotional seppuku. Once, I saw Rebound convert two in a Milan derby. Could he do the same from the top of the arc? 22 yards is nothing for Zlatan. Can Rebound say the same?

4. Coachella – Seriously. It’s horrible. I hate it so much. They asked if they could use Zlatan’s likeness for a hologram that would play lead guitar during Radiohead’s set. I said, “Please wait until I’m dead to destroy my soul.” I made $12,000,000 last year and can’t justify spending two krona on that jaded cash trap.

5. Your fake blog that thinks I know the future – Stop being stupid. I hate you. If, in theory, I knew the future, I would not be able to tell anybody. As any young boy trying to hide his comic books from Sanela knows, superpowers can’t be flaunted. You have to live lonely and isolated knowing you can never share your true self with the world. Zlatan is not lonely and isolated, therefore Zlatan can’t tell the future. Flawless logic.

6. Knowing the future – It’s lonely. And isolating. I hate it.

7. Not being able to tell people about being bought by Real Madrid – Silvio doesn’t know this yet, but I have decided I will must bring the decima to Real Madrid. My powers transcend Mourinho’s, so it only makes sense. I already sent a text to the Philosopher saying “Oh, please stay at Barça one more year. You’re my hero and” blah, blah, blah – it didn’t work. I knew it wouldn’t, of course. Sigh.

8. Gigi Buffon – That Buffon failed to thank me for Juventus’s scudetto is very painful. He thanked Alessandro, Pavel, David. He even acknowledged Mauro, whose hair was so inferior to Zlatan’s that he eventually cut it. How can Buffon not see that I wanted Juventus to win? I hate him. How else would they have won?

9. IKEA – I am Swedish. That doesn’t mean I know how to put together that couch. It’s furniture for university kids. I am a soccer icon. I’m tempted to buy the company just so I can hide all the screws. I so hate screws.

10. Playing for Sweden – I was forced to decline an invitation to hunt white tigers from helicopters because Sweden has qualified for Euro 2012. I hate this, though hunting with weapons was starting to bore me. I have been told there’s a new documentary were a child uses a bow and arrow to battle other children? Clearly my crossbow has become passé.

I know there are many things in your life that you hate, but I allow myself only 10. I am Zlatan. Of course.

Latest Posts
  1. Watch Live: Manchester United vs. Inter Milan (Lineups and Discuss)

Jul 29, 2014, 8:24 PM EDT

International Champions Cup 2014 - AS Roma v Manchester United Getty Images

In team news, van Gaal has decided to go with his fabled 3-5-2.

2. Instagram Transfer Rumors: Radamel Falcao heading to Real Madrid

Jul 29, 2014, 8:03 PM EDT

Radamel Falcao AP

In a startling revelation, AS has revealed that Radamel Falcao has begun following three Real Madrid players on Instagram.

3. Report: Southampton set to swap Dani Osvaldo for Inter Milan’s Saphir Taidar

Jul 29, 2014, 7:08 PM EDT

Norwich City v Southampton - Premier League Getty Images

Big day for headlines coming out of Southampton but this one looks to be quite promising for Saints fans.

4. Luis Felipe Scolari hired by Gremio for third stint with Brazilian club

Jul 29, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT

Brazil - 2014 FIFA World Cup Training Camp - Day 1 Getty Images

Twenty-seven years after his first stint with Gremio, Luis Felipe Scolari is returning to the Brazilian side as its new manager.

5. WATCH: Bojan Krkic scores first goal for Stoke City in 2-1 defeat to Schalke

Jul 29, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT

Bojan Krkic AP

Krkic, who made the $6.7 million move from Barcelona last week, scored a cracker of a first goal for Stoke City.

6. Report: Carlos Tevez’ stepfather freed by Argentine kidnappers

Jul 29, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT

Juventus v Atalanta BC - Serie A Getty Images

Tevez’s family was then phoned and told to deliver a ransom of $5,000 (40,000 pesos).

7. Southampton chairman claims club will reinvest $165M in this transfer window

Jul 29, 2014, 4:53 PM EDT

Saints have a new Saints have a new

“Every penny of that will be up for reinvestment as transfer fees and wages,” Krueger said.

8. Ronaldinho leaves Atletico Mineiro, could be headed to MLS

Jul 29, 2014, 4:03 PM EDT

Brazil Atletico Mineiro Ronaldinho AP

Where, exactly, Ronaldinho’s future ends up is anyone’s guess.

9. WATCH: Five international, MLS games coming your way on NBC Sports this week

Jul 29, 2014, 3:22 PM EDT

PremierLeagueNBC

ICC and MLS action is in full swing in the USA this week. Watch it all online, here.

10. New York City FC sign Jacobson from Dallas, linked with Alberto Aquilani

Jul 29, 2014, 2:57 PM EDT

Montreal Impact v FC Dallas AP

Jacobson arrives in the Big Apple from Dallas. Will Aquilani join him?

11. Morgan Schneiderlin slams Southampton after Spurs move is blocked

Jul 29, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT

Southampton v Fulham - Premier League Getty Images

Now Schneiderlin wants out as Saints’ incredible exodus continues to take a turn for the worst.

12. Barcelona reveal record income levels of $711 million

Jul 29, 2014, 1:58 PM EDT

Manchester City v Barcelona - UEFA Champions League Round of 16 Getty Images

Despite not winning any silverware last season, Barcelona were big winners off the pitch.

13. Report: Carlos Tevez’s father kidnapped, held for ransom

Jul 29, 2014, 1:21 PM EDT

Aston Villa v Manchester City - Premier League Getty Images

Tevez’s father, Juan Carlos Cabral, is said to have been kidnapped in Buenos Aires and held for ransom.

14. Southampton insist Rodriguez, Schneiderlin are not for sale

Jul 29, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT

350x AP

Southampton duo are going nowhere, despite being linked with Tottenham switch.

15. Liverpool complete $17 million signing of Belgian striker Divock Origi

Jul 29, 2014, 12:37 PM EDT

Source: Liverpool FC Source: Liverpool FC

Liverpool sign talented Belgian teenager, will loan him back to Lille this season.

16. Despite calling African players “banana eaters”, Tavecchio still set to lead Italian FA

Jul 29, 2014, 12:11 PM EDT

Italy Federation Racism AP

Even after calling African players “banana eaters” this man is set lead the Italian FA.

17. Enner Valencia granted work permit, completes $20 million West Ham move

Jul 29, 2014, 11:10 AM EDT

Source: West Ham United Source: West Ham United

Valencia finally signs on, as Hammers splash the cash in search of goals.

18. Miami’s MLS future continues to hinge on downtown stadium deal

Jul 29, 2014, 10:35 AM EDT

Miami's Arquietectonica and 360 Architecture Miami's Arquietectonica and 360 Architecture

Garber: “MLS will not expand to Miami unless we have a downtown site for the stadium.”