May 14, 2012, 1:15 PM EDT
No word yet on what the New York Red Bulls will do about center back Wilman Conde and his new legal issues.
But we do know that Red Bulls officials will speak to their center back today regarding the weekend events – and it sounds like Conde will face some type of disciplinary action from the club and/or the league.
“Something will of course happen. I don’t know if the league will step in, but the team will,’’ coach Hans Backe told the New York Post.
Conde, acquired this year to be the centerpiece of Backe’s back line at Red Bull Arena, has played just twice in 2012. New York, now top in the Eastern Conference following yesterday’s win in Philadelphia, visits Montreal this weekend. Conde, recovering from injury, was already set to miss this one due to Montreal’s poor playing surface.
- Van Gaal, Manchester United ready to move on from Fellaini, Kagawa 0
- Radamel Falcao on track to return at weekend’s Emirates Cup 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: Portland’s Diego Valeri 0
- The great Southampton exodus continues. Why is this happening? 6
- Arsenal confirm $27 million signing of Calum Chambers 1
- Manchester City host #AskJesus (Navas) Twitter chat, hilarious comments ensue 1