May 14, 2012, 1:15 PM EDT
No word yet on what the New York Red Bulls will do about center back Wilman Conde and his new legal issues.
But we do know that Red Bulls officials will speak to their center back today regarding the weekend events – and it sounds like Conde will face some type of disciplinary action from the club and/or the league.
“Something will of course happen. I don’t know if the league will step in, but the team will,’’ coach Hans Backe told the New York Post.
Conde, acquired this year to be the centerpiece of Backe’s back line at Red Bull Arena, has played just twice in 2012. New York, now top in the Eastern Conference following yesterday’s win in Philadelphia, visits Montreal this weekend. Conde, recovering from injury, was already set to miss this one due to Montreal’s poor playing surface.
- MLS preview: FC Dallas vs. Sounders, Whitecaps vs. Timbers headline Week 4 0
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 4
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0
- Lionel Messi earns $1.4 million per week, tops Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar as richest player 3
- Morgan Schneiderlin wants Southampton exit if they fail to make UEFA Champions League 4
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo could be fined, suspended for “calm down” celebration 5