May 14, 2012, 1:15 PM EDT
No word yet on what the New York Red Bulls will do about center back Wilman Conde and his new legal issues.
But we do know that Red Bulls officials will speak to their center back today regarding the weekend events – and it sounds like Conde will face some type of disciplinary action from the club and/or the league.
“Something will of course happen. I don’t know if the league will step in, but the team will,’’ coach Hans Backe told the New York Post.
Conde, acquired this year to be the centerpiece of Backe’s back line at Red Bull Arena, has played just twice in 2012. New York, now top in the Eastern Conference following yesterday’s win in Philadelphia, visits Montreal this weekend. Conde, recovering from injury, was already set to miss this one due to Montreal’s poor playing surface.
- Mario Balotelli edging closer to shock Liverpool switch 0
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Falcao to Liverpool, Tiote to Arsenal, Destro to Chelsea 0
- Angel Di Maria gets love from Ronaldo, Sergio Ramos and Diego Simeone 0
- Jozy Altidore is the happiest he’s ever been, says Gus Poyet 2
- Malky Mackay and Iain Moody investigated by FA for ‘sexist, racist and homophobic’ text messages while at Cardiff City 6
- Liverpool and AC Milan in talks over deal for Mario Balotelli 5