May 14, 2012, 1:15 PM EST
No word yet on what the New York Red Bulls will do about center back Wilman Conde and his new legal issues.
But we do know that Red Bulls officials will speak to their center back today regarding the weekend events – and it sounds like Conde will face some type of disciplinary action from the club and/or the league.
“Something will of course happen. I don’t know if the league will step in, but the team will,’’ coach Hans Backe told the New York Post.
Conde, acquired this year to be the centerpiece of Backe’s back line at Red Bull Arena, has played just twice in 2012. New York, now top in the Eastern Conference following yesterday’s win in Philadelphia, visits Montreal this weekend. Conde, recovering from injury, was already set to miss this one due to Montreal’s poor playing surface.
- Some very interesting names now available through Major League Soccer’s re-entry process 0
- Premier League Playback: Everton in the mix, miserable Mourinho, basement boys battling 0
- United States national team 2014 friendlies coming into view 2
- Swansea 1-1 Hull: Danny Graham breaks his long scoring drought for the visitors (video) 0
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (33)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (19)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (17)
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio
- Ronaldo: "I Didn't See the Draw, I Was Asleep"
- Messi: "There Are no Easy Opponents"
- England Are up in The Amazon Without a Paddle
- Mexico's World Cup Kit
- Fernanda Lima Raises the Bar For World Cup 2014