May 17, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
Did Eric Hassli did manufacture a moment that rivaled his Goal of the Year in 2011?
(Last year’s amazing piece of work against Seattle may not have actually been Goal of the Year … but let’s not pick on that old scab. Suffice to say, bad things happen when voting turns into a popularity contest because it’s a fan vote.)
Just for fun, here’s Hassli’s goal last year.
And then, watch the highlights of last night’s 1-1 draw in the Amway Canadian Championships. Hassli’s latest stunner is at the 5:00 minute mark of the video. And it’s a doozey.
It was also an important doozey. Because Toronto was ahead in stoppage time of the opening leg, about to take a 1-0 lead back to BMO Field. That’s when Hassli got bold, picked up a ball in mid-flight and slammed it past TFC goalkeeper Milos Kocic.
Hassli, by the way, was on the bench for the game’s first 56 minute; Whitecaps’ coach Martin Rennie started Etienne Barbara.
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. 1
- Gareth Bale set to re-sign with Tottenham – But is it a good deal for the Welshman? 1
- Looking back at Week 6 of the NWSL season 2
- Movement in the LA Galaxy-Omar Gonzalez situation 6
- Premier League managerial pair blast squad and referee following final match 0
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Premier League drama set to thrill
- Play Video: Premier League: Real English drama
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team