May 17, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
Back for a second week, it’s Overlooked and Underloved. Here’s what to watch while the rest of the world is taking in Vancouver Whitecaps-Seattle Sounders, Montreal-NYRB, and the Galaxy-Chivas clasico featuring Juan Agudelo:
Colorado Rapids hosting Sporting Kansas City
To the bulletpoints, please:
- The Rapids are terribly inconsistent — alternating wins and losses in their last five, including a mid-week butt-whipping by D.C. United — but 3-1 at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park with a +7 goal differential.
- Speaking of goal differential, the Rapids +1 ranks 7th in the league, despite the squad’s 5th place standing the Western Conference. SKC’s +6 ties them for 5th. Point is: These teams are good.
- Can you say playoff revenge? Sporting KC defeated the Rapids 4-0 during a two-leg playoff in 2011.
- SKC won 7 straight, then lost 3 in a row. They need to pull out of the tailspin. If they don’t, Peter Vermes’ head might explode, which will also be worth watching.
- Between the teams, 28 goals over 21 games. Not San Jose Earthquakes style, but there will be action.
- If it were up to us, this would totally be a Rivalry Cup? It’s totally drivable.
Aug 28, 2015, 9:33 PM EDT
With Adnan Januzaj out injured, Ander Herrera could see himself playing in a more advanced role against Swansea City.
Aug 28, 2015, 8:40 PM EDT
Find out what moves have been completed as the transfer deadline approaches.
Aug 28, 2015, 7:48 PM EDT
Spurs are still looking for their first win of the season, but face a tough test when Everton travels to White Hart Lane.
Aug 28, 2015, 6:53 PM EDT
I guess the Donald is a bit too busy to be buying a soccer club right now…
Aug 28, 2015, 5:57 PM EDT
Catch up on all the latest gossip from around the Premier League, right here.
Aug 28, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
The deal is expected to be official within the next 24 hours as Manchester City’s offer was too good to refuse.
Aug 28, 2015, 4:05 PM EDT
With the close of the transfer window quickly approaching, could Louis van Gaal be on the verge of the summer’s biggest signing?
Aug 28, 2015, 3:05 PM EDT
Chelsea clinched the title last season with a win against Crystal Palace, and the Blues will be looking for a similar result on Saturday at Stamford Bridge.
Aug 28, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
PST’s Editor and Lead Writer predicts the scores for every PL game this weekend.
Aug 28, 2015, 1:20 PM EDT
Where and how to watch every single PL game this weekend.
Aug 28, 2015, 12:40 PM EDT
Can the Gunners kick-start their season at St James? Watch live, NBCSN, Saturday 7:45 a.m. ET.
Aug 28, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
Rivalry Week is upon us once again, and if it lives up to the last edition, we’re going to be in for a mighty good time.
Aug 28, 2015, 11:12 AM EDT
Liverpool and England legend seems to be enjoying life in LA. Check out his video of Swifty.
Aug 28, 2015, 10:42 AM EDT
Premier League teams will rack up plenty of air miles this season in Europa League action.
Aug 28, 2015, 9:45 AM EDT
Wolfsburg admit to talks over KDB, as City’s offer of wages blow Bundesliga side out of the water.
Aug 28, 2015, 9:04 AM EDT
Segregation of U.S. and Mexico fans key for CONCACAF for huge showdown in Pasadena.
Aug 28, 2015, 8:20 AM EDT
South Korean international becomes Spurs’ third most-expensive signing in club history.
Aug 27, 2015, 10:01 PM EDT
Why yes, Mr. Wenger, one would have to agree with that assessment. In particular, it’s the finishing that’s killing them, he says.
Aug 27, 2015, 9:13 PM EDT
Next summers tournament will go on, but CONCACAF might not participate, which means the Copa needs a new host nation.
Aug 27, 2015, 7:37 PM EDT
Rog talks with Chelsea’s Jose Mourinho about his coaching philosophy, post-match press conferences and football in America.
- Wolfsburg sporting director: “De Bruyne is off to Manchester City” 0
- Report: Manchester United planning massive $112 million bid for Arjen Robben 5
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Home advantage for heavyweights – Week 4 2
- WATCH: NBC Sports’ Premier League TV schedule – Week 4 0
- Premier League Preview: Newcastle United vs. Arsenal 0
- Kevin de Bruyne deal moves closer after “astonishing” offer to join Manchester City 0