May 17, 2012, 10:55 AM EDT
Regarding FC Dallas midfielder and former MLS Most Valuable Player David Ferreira, there may be light at the end of this long, winding, injury-wrecked tunnel.
BigDSoccer’s Daniel Robertson talked to FC Dallas manager Schellas Hyndman, who had positive news to report. From the story, here’s what FC Dallas’ manager said about Ferreira, who has returned to Texas after several weeks of rehabilitation work in California:
I think his spirit is as high as it’s ever been. I mean, gee, he’s had numerous surgeries on that, he’s had a lot of setbacks on that. He’s been pretty frustrated. It’s his first major injury so he’s had to deal with all that.
But I think right now, what he’s done is he’s come back and feels really good about himself. I think the rehab, the last surgery, they took out the hardware, the pins the wires. he feels like he’s got as much extension and flexion as his other ankle. So I mean he’s really excited about getting back in good form.
Ferreira broke his ankle more than a year ago. His comeback was cut short in preseason by another injury and subsequent foot surgery.
Today, FC Dallas said Ferreira will speak to media at FC Dallas Stadium on Friday about his rehab and the status of his return.
- USA Today reports LA Galaxy trade Mike Magee for rights to Robbie Rogers 5
- With MLS expansion done for now, where the league priorities should land 7
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? 24
- Champions League Final infographic: Borussia Dortmund vs. Bayern Munich 0
- NWSL Game of the Week: Sky Blue FC vs. FC Kansas City 0
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? (24)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- Gareth Bale set to re-sign with Tottenham – But is it a good deal for the Welshman? (9)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final