May 18, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT
Sometimes you put up a post and hope the world is ready for it. Case in point:
You see the picture on the right. Right?
You feelin’ me here? See what I mean?
Heath Pearce (yes, that’s him) was front and center in the big talker around MLS yesterday, the New York Red Bulls-Chivas USA swap. Pearce went to New York in exchange for U.S. international Juan Agudelo. (Soccer-wise, our PST verdicts are here and here.)
Non-soccer-wise, Pearce has always been a smooth-dressing hipster. I’ve seen the man wearing glasses that probably cost more than my car.
Apparently, cultivating the right look does get you somewhere in life. Like front and center on photo spreads and getting fashion mavens to label you a “sex symbol” and pen words about your duds and your abs.
Our fabulous friends over at Kickette thought the time was right to say a few words about Pearce and to bust out a “vintage” ad shot that’s not very vintage in my world. I’ve never seen it.
Not surprising, though. I may be a little bit of a foodie, but I’m sure no fashionista. (Along those lines: What, in the name of Coco Chanel, are “Frye boots” and “Hunter willies?”)
The Kickette verdict on Thursday’s trade?
“We need to see more of Heath and Juan’s abs before we believe this trade was a good one.”
Hope you were ready for all that.
- What a photo: Lazio plays to near-empty Stadio Olimpico as fans protest club president 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Boyd and Johannsson shine again 1
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Rare bad night from Robbie Keane costs LA Galaxy against Real Salt Lake 1
- Atlantic crushed: D.C. United, New York open the season with three-goal losses 5
- Will Johnson: We Weren't all Quite at the Races
- Owners Legal Issues Have Caught Up to Queretaro
- Juventus Prove They Know how to Win Despite Weak Performance Against Fiore
- Liverpool is Ready to Spend $100 Million in Summer Transfers
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear