May 18, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT
Sometimes you put up a post and hope the world is ready for it. Case in point:
You see the picture on the right. Right?
You feelin’ me here? See what I mean?
Heath Pearce (yes, that’s him) was front and center in the big talker around MLS yesterday, the New York Red Bulls-Chivas USA swap. Pearce went to New York in exchange for U.S. international Juan Agudelo. (Soccer-wise, our PST verdicts are here and here.)
Non-soccer-wise, Pearce has always been a smooth-dressing hipster. I’ve seen the man wearing glasses that probably cost more than my car.
Apparently, cultivating the right look does get you somewhere in life. Like front and center on photo spreads and getting fashion mavens to label you a “sex symbol” and pen words about your duds and your abs.
Our fabulous friends over at Kickette thought the time was right to say a few words about Pearce and to bust out a “vintage” ad shot that’s not very vintage in my world. I’ve never seen it.
Not surprising, though. I may be a little bit of a foodie, but I’m sure no fashionista. (Along those lines: What, in the name of Coco Chanel, are “Frye boots” and “Hunter willies?”)
The Kickette verdict on Thursday’s trade?
“We need to see more of Heath and Juan’s abs before we believe this trade was a good one.”
Hope you were ready for all that.
- David Moyes vilified on return to Everton, as Manchester United nightmare continues 0
- Everton 2-0 Manchester United: Toffees rampant in miserable return for Moyes 1
- Miami mayor hits back at Beckham stadium critics 1
- Norwich City 2-3 Liverpool: Sterling, Reds with one hand on the title 3
- Premier League Sunday Preview: Liverpool’s chance to tighten its grip; Fourth place in focus 0
- MLS Roundup: Sporting climbs to first in East; RSL stays undefeated 0