May 18, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT
Sometimes you put up a post and hope the world is ready for it. Case in point:
You see the picture on the right. Right?
You feelin’ me here? See what I mean?
Heath Pearce (yes, that’s him) was front and center in the big talker around MLS yesterday, the New York Red Bulls-Chivas USA swap. Pearce went to New York in exchange for U.S. international Juan Agudelo. (Soccer-wise, our PST verdicts are here and here.)
Non-soccer-wise, Pearce has always been a smooth-dressing hipster. I’ve seen the man wearing glasses that probably cost more than my car.
Apparently, cultivating the right look does get you somewhere in life. Like front and center on photo spreads and getting fashion mavens to label you a “sex symbol” and pen words about your duds and your abs.
Our fabulous friends over at Kickette thought the time was right to say a few words about Pearce and to bust out a “vintage” ad shot that’s not very vintage in my world. I’ve never seen it.
Not surprising, though. I may be a little bit of a foodie, but I’m sure no fashionista. (Along those lines: What, in the name of Coco Chanel, are “Frye boots” and “Hunter willies?”)
The Kickette verdict on Thursday’s trade?
“We need to see more of Heath and Juan’s abs before we believe this trade was a good one.”
Hope you were ready for all that.
- Premier League Preview: West Bromwich Albion vs. Liverpool 0
- SportsWorld: Jose Fonte talks playing with Ronaldo, shares thoughts on MLS 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Time for the underdogs to shine 0
- WATCH: NBC Sports’ Premier League TV schedule – Week 34 0
- Jose Mourinho: “Arsene Wenger is not my rival” ahead of Arsenal vs. Chelsea 6
- UEFA Champions League semifinal draw: Guardiola’s Bayern get Barcelona; Real Madrid take on Juventus 0