May 22, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
(Parts II and III are on deck …so check back)
19. Toronto FC – The worst team in the league, with the worst start in league history, went down by a goal in under a minute and went on to lose at D.C. United. If you want to read any more about TFC, see the comment in this very spot (at No. 19) one week ago. Or two weeks ago. Or three weeks ago …
18. FC Dallas – Last win from men of North Texas: eight games back (at home against expansion Montreal, no less.) Few teams will benefit from the coming break like Dallas, who might get some starters back and could even see progress in getting David Ferreira back to health.
17. Philadelphia Union – Peter Nowak talked up his club’s 1-1 draw at Dallas, sufficiently pleased with a road draw after the trade-related uproar and upheaval. Considering no Zac MacMath and no Freddy Adu, splitting points probably does represent worthy achievement.
16. Portland Timbers – Troy Perkins needed to be a superhero Avenger in goal, but the bottom line still reads the same: a draw at Houston and a win at home against Chicago, so who cares? John Spencer’s team is undefeated (1-0-2) with just one goal allowed in May.
15. Columbus Crew – Robert Warzycha’s team came tantalizing close to a win at San Jose, a result to build on, for sure. But a 90th-minute equalizer left the men of yellow feeling a little conflicted about their night at Buck Shaw. Andy Gruenebaum’s continued steady work in goal hit a high point in this one.
14. Montréal Impact – From SportsNet in Canada: Few tears will be shed for the cavernous “Big O,” with its poor amenities, acoustics and, from all accounts, the league’s worst turf. Suffice to say, the team’s ready for a fresh start in the renovated Saputo Stadium. Yes, the expansion club has finished its stay in temporary quarters; they surely wanted a better “see ya later” than a 2-1 loss to New York, especially considering the home team had a man advantage for half an hour.
13. Los Angeles Galaxy – You just have to love Bruce Arena’s candid ways. (Well, he’s candid in spurts, anyway.) Is the Galaxy manager worried over losing Robbie Keane and Landon Donovan for a big stretch over the next month or so? Nah. He said, in effect, that Los Angeles isn’t winning much with them anyway, so what’s the big deal?
Oct 25, 2014, 12:05 PM EDT
Reds thwarted by stubborn Tigers, as Balotelli first a blank once again.
Oct 25, 2014, 12:04 PM EDT
West Brom won the shots battle 17-8 and carried nearly 70 percent of the possession by the time all was said and done.
Oct 25, 2014, 11:59 AM EDT
It was 1-0 at half, and it was all the Saints would need.
Oct 25, 2014, 11:58 AM EDT
Arsenal make the most of awful errors from Sunderland.
Oct 25, 2014, 11:41 AM EDT
Eighth-place Swans will host the suddenly-struggling Foxes as both teams look to rebuild momentum after good starts to the season.
Oct 25, 2014, 11:24 AM EDT
Follow El Clasico here with live updates, as Suarez starts with his four month ban over.
Oct 25, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
Watch the second half of every match live, right here.
Oct 25, 2014, 10:51 AM EDT
Watch this hilarious video, as Brand gives Big Sam a smooch.
Oct 25, 2014, 9:50 AM EDT
Will Mario Balotelli score his first Premier League goal and get Liverpool going? Watch live, here.
Oct 25, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
Hammers win third-straight PL game, as City’s bad week gets worse.
Oct 25, 2014, 9:29 AM EDT
Can the Gunners top Sunderland? Watch live.
Oct 25, 2014, 9:24 AM EDT
The Baggies are two points above the drop with 9 points, while Palace’s 8 points have them slightly less safe.
Oct 25, 2014, 9:22 AM EDT
Around this time last season, Stoke City goalkeeper Asmir Begovic scored a goal in the wind against Southampton.
Oct 25, 2014, 9:17 AM EDT
Before the tournament, we asked whether they’d roar, and so far the US women have done so.
Oct 25, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
Van Gaal: “He’s very special but he is very special for me because we’ve continued our relationship.”
Oct 25, 2014, 8:25 AM EDT
Just what is going wrong at the back for Liverpool? Brendan Rodgers has a theory…
Oct 25, 2014, 7:33 AM EDT
Can West Ham upset Man City? Watch live, here.
Oct 25, 2014, 7:02 AM EDT
Where and how to watch every PL game during Week 9 live online or via the app.
Oct 24, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
The midfielder is yet to make a Premier League start this season as rumors surfaced that he could return to Brazil on loan.
Oct 24, 2014, 10:33 PM EDT
Chicago ended their season with a win as Florent Sinama-Pongolle tallied in stoppage time to erase Houston’s first half lead.
- Sunderland 0-2 Arsenal: Sanchez seals win after horrendous defending 0
- VIDEO: Russell Brand crashes Sam Allardyce’s presser with a huge kiss 1
- West Ham United 2-1 Manchester City: Hammers stun reigning champs 1
- WATCH: Premier League online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 9 0
- Chicago Fire 2-1 Houston Dynamo: Stoppage-time winner caps off Chicago comeback (VIDEO) 1
- Premier League Preview: Sunderland vs. Arsenal 0