May 22, 2012, 1:40 PM EST
12. Colorado Rapids – Things aren’t going to move in the right direction around Dick’s Sporting Goods Park until speedy center back Marvell Wynne returns – or until management finds a better fill-in center back than Tyrone Marshall, who simply isn’t cutting it. Witness the goals in Saturday’s 2-2 draw at home with Sporting Kansas City.
11. New England Revolution – From forward Ryan Guy following Saturday’s 2-2 draw with Houston: “I think it’s great to be disappointed with a draw. I think last year we would have been satisfied with a draw, and this year we’re absolutely not.” Sounds like a team moving in the right direction.
10. Chivas USA – When putting a dent in the Galaxy’s dominance in the Home Depot Center derby is darn near reduced to sidebar status, you know a lot is going on. Danny Califf and Juan Agudelo, two pieces in the league’s big trade news last week, had their debuts in the 1-0 win over Los Angeles.
9. Vancouver Whitecaps – Good sides close out matches when holding a late lead at home. The Whitecaps are a young organization, still in growth mode, of course. So now reason to fret too much over conceding a late equalizer Saturday to rival Seattle – but let’s not make that a recurring bit, eh, guys?
8. Chicago Fire – A few Fire men were grumbling about the small field in Portland. And we get it; they really do need a few more square yards on the one-bedroom apartment of a surface area – but that’s not the only reason Frank Klopas’ men fell at Jeld-Wen, 2-1. The good news for Chicago: there Toyota Park field is plenty spacious, and they’ll be on the big spread for Wednesday’s home match against Dallas.
7. Sporting Kansas City – After three losses, a draw at Colorado might help Peter Vermes’ previous high-fliers get back on high-flier track. Then again, they did lose a two-goal lead in that one, and that won’t make anyone happy around Livestrong Sporting Park. Defender Aurelien Collin can help the cause by regaining April form.
Jan 30, 2015, 10:19 AM EST
“We have more 49ers season ticket holders in Sacramento than we do in San Francisco,” the 49ers CEO said
Jan 30, 2015, 9:33 AM EST
The Manchester City manager made the comments during the pre-Chelsea press conference on Friday.
Jan 30, 2015, 8:48 AM EST
Louis van Gaal’s Red Devils host Leicester City at 10am ET on Saturday.
Jan 30, 2015, 7:46 AM EST
This further limits Jose Mourinho’s options for Saturday’s match, and will also keep Costa from a trip to Aston Villa and a visit from Everton.
Jan 30, 2015, 7:35 AM EST
Much like their signing and loaning back of Divock Origi at Lille this summer, Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers makes an investment in the future.
Jan 29, 2015, 10:30 PM EST
Osvaldo-to-Juventus could mean Giovinco-to-Toronto happens six months early.
Jan 29, 2015, 9:30 PM EST
The latest update from Beckham on building a stadium, bringing an MLS team to Miami.
Jan 29, 2015, 7:41 PM EST
Friendly banter among teammates, when done right, is downright hilarious.
Jan 29, 2015, 7:10 PM EST
What went down on Thursday, the 29th day of this January transfer window? A full recap, inside.
Jan 29, 2015, 5:36 PM EST
Agudelo is back in MLS, where he probably should have been all along.
Jan 29, 2015, 5:12 PM EST
The future boss at Anfield? Sturridge is quite sure of it.
Jan 29, 2015, 3:18 PM EST
Putin and Russia have already had to cut costs for the 2018 World Cup.
Jan 29, 2015, 2:43 PM EST
Arsenal’s main man is touch and go for this weekend’s game against Aston Villa.
Jan 29, 2015, 2:00 PM EST
Liverpool’s leading striker could return to action this Saturday after five months out.
Jan 29, 2015, 1:02 PM EST
With players out and title dreams on the line, how will Chelsea and City line up on Saturday?
Jan 29, 2015, 12:18 PM EST
Costa set to protest FA charges to avoid three-game ban.
Jan 29, 2015, 11:43 AM EST
Watch Klinsmann’s insane piece of skill from the friendly vs. Chile on Wednesday. My word.
Jan 29, 2015, 11:08 AM EST
Guinea won the lottery and are through to the last eight. Here’s the quarterfinal field for AFCON.
Jan 29, 2015, 9:45 AM EST
Former D.C. United, RSL and Union player heading back home?
Jan 29, 2015, 9:06 AM EST
With a few days left in the window, here’s the latest gossip.
- Ban upheld: Diego Costa to miss Saturday’s visit from Manchester City, 2 more 1
- Report: Liverpool hoping to buy Ings, loan striker back to Burnley for season 1
- David Beckham says progress still being made toward MLS stadium in Miami 1
- DONE DEAL: Mattia Destro, Juan Agudelo sign with new clubs AC Milan, New England Revolution 0
- Juan Agudelo signs with New England Revolution, completes return to MLS 2
- How will Chelsea, Manchester City line up in huge Premier League clash? 2