May 22, 2012, 1:40 PM EDT
12. Colorado Rapids – Things aren’t going to move in the right direction around Dick’s Sporting Goods Park until speedy center back Marvell Wynne returns – or until management finds a better fill-in center back than Tyrone Marshall, who simply isn’t cutting it. Witness the goals in Saturday’s 2-2 draw at home with Sporting Kansas City.
11. New England Revolution – From forward Ryan Guy following Saturday’s 2-2 draw with Houston: “I think it’s great to be disappointed with a draw. I think last year we would have been satisfied with a draw, and this year we’re absolutely not.” Sounds like a team moving in the right direction.
10. Chivas USA – When putting a dent in the Galaxy’s dominance in the Home Depot Center derby is darn near reduced to sidebar status, you know a lot is going on. Danny Califf and Juan Agudelo, two pieces in the league’s big trade news last week, had their debuts in the 1-0 win over Los Angeles.
9. Vancouver Whitecaps – Good sides close out matches when holding a late lead at home. The Whitecaps are a young organization, still in growth mode, of course. So now reason to fret too much over conceding a late equalizer Saturday to rival Seattle – but let’s not make that a recurring bit, eh, guys?
8. Chicago Fire – A few Fire men were grumbling about the small field in Portland. And we get it; they really do need a few more square yards on the one-bedroom apartment of a surface area – but that’s not the only reason Frank Klopas’ men fell at Jeld-Wen, 2-1. The good news for Chicago: there Toyota Park field is plenty spacious, and they’ll be on the big spread for Wednesday’s home match against Dallas.
7. Sporting Kansas City – After three losses, a draw at Colorado might help Peter Vermes’ previous high-fliers get back on high-flier track. Then again, they did lose a two-goal lead in that one, and that won’t make anyone happy around Livestrong Sporting Park. Defender Aurelien Collin can help the cause by regaining April form.
Aug 4, 2015, 5:33 PM EDT
Keeping Bale and Benzema around will keep Madrid among the favorites for the UEFA Champions League, as the giants search for Undecima.
Aug 4, 2015, 4:47 PM EDT
Picking a group of five defenders is way more difficult than selecting the best goalkeepers in the league.
Aug 4, 2015, 4:13 PM EDT
McInerney, however, has disappointed in recent seasons. Perhaps a change in leader, albeit for the second time, will help.
Aug 4, 2015, 3:19 PM EDT
At Roma, Dzeko will join a loaded attack which includes Mattia Destro, Victor Ibarbo and Seydou Doumbia, as well as Francesco Totti.
Aug 4, 2015, 2:08 PM EDT
Ever wonder where the games you’re watching on TV are taking place? Here’s a guide to help you out.
Aug 4, 2015, 1:30 PM EDT
D.C. United, LA Galaxy, RSL, Vancouver and Seattle fly the MLS flag as they look to break Liga MX’s stronghold.
Aug 4, 2015, 12:50 PM EDT
This coin toss is a really, really big deal for the four teams left in the competition.
Aug 4, 2015, 12:20 PM EDT
Should a PL giant hand Zlatan a chance to strut his stuff in England’s top-flight?
Aug 4, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
Here are the latest rumors from around the PL.
Aug 4, 2015, 10:24 AM EDT
Blues boss hugely complimentary of the PL’s other big boys heading into the new season.
Aug 4, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
Rog, Davo, Mustoe and Earle hang out in the panic room and preview the upcoming PL season.
Aug 4, 2015, 8:37 AM EDT
Eight years after a loan spell, Gradel returns to Bournemouth.
Aug 4, 2015, 7:45 AM EDT
Dutch club reach “agreement in outline” with Bundesliga side Bremen for AJ.
Aug 3, 2015, 9:28 PM EDT
Apparently Louis van Gaal really, really wants Gareth Bale on his team.
Aug 3, 2015, 7:55 PM EDT
Could the USMNT forward be thinking about a move to the Bundesliga?
Aug 3, 2015, 7:05 PM EDT
Bobby Zamora has returned to his old club 12 years after leaving, and Brighton fans couldn’t be more excited.
Aug 3, 2015, 6:20 PM EDT
Gonzalo Higuain won’t be leaving Napoli this summer, but he’s not impressed by the club’s feeble attempt at a contract extension.
Aug 3, 2015, 5:35 PM EDT
A massive blow to Juventus puts them on alert for midfield cover.
Aug 3, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
Liverpool has spent big for the second straight summer, but it appears the Reds may have learned a valuable lesson.
Aug 3, 2015, 3:48 PM EDT
Rafael’s rocky seven-year tenure with Manchester United is over as he heads to France.
- Premier League defenders: Who’s in our Top Five? And how to choose just five? 1
- Maps, rivals, stadiums: Location of all 20 Premier League teams for 2015-16 season 4
- On his way out of PSG, should Arsenal or Manchester United sign Zlatan Ibrahimovic? 1
- Tuesday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Rose to Chelsea, Traore to Liverpool 1
- AZ Alkmaar agree to sell USMNT forward Aron Johannsson to Werder Bremen 3
- Premier League Goalkeeper preview: Who’s in our Top Five, and who switched clubs? 4