May 22, 2012, 1:40 PM EDT
12. Colorado Rapids – Things aren’t going to move in the right direction around Dick’s Sporting Goods Park until speedy center back Marvell Wynne returns – or until management finds a better fill-in center back than Tyrone Marshall, who simply isn’t cutting it. Witness the goals in Saturday’s 2-2 draw at home with Sporting Kansas City.
11. New England Revolution – From forward Ryan Guy following Saturday’s 2-2 draw with Houston: “I think it’s great to be disappointed with a draw. I think last year we would have been satisfied with a draw, and this year we’re absolutely not.” Sounds like a team moving in the right direction.
10. Chivas USA – When putting a dent in the Galaxy’s dominance in the Home Depot Center derby is darn near reduced to sidebar status, you know a lot is going on. Danny Califf and Juan Agudelo, two pieces in the league’s big trade news last week, had their debuts in the 1-0 win over Los Angeles.
9. Vancouver Whitecaps – Good sides close out matches when holding a late lead at home. The Whitecaps are a young organization, still in growth mode, of course. So now reason to fret too much over conceding a late equalizer Saturday to rival Seattle – but let’s not make that a recurring bit, eh, guys?
8. Chicago Fire – A few Fire men were grumbling about the small field in Portland. And we get it; they really do need a few more square yards on the one-bedroom apartment of a surface area – but that’s not the only reason Frank Klopas’ men fell at Jeld-Wen, 2-1. The good news for Chicago: there Toyota Park field is plenty spacious, and they’ll be on the big spread for Wednesday’s home match against Dallas.
7. Sporting Kansas City – After three losses, a draw at Colorado might help Peter Vermes’ previous high-fliers get back on high-flier track. Then again, they did lose a two-goal lead in that one, and that won’t make anyone happy around Livestrong Sporting Park. Defender Aurelien Collin can help the cause by regaining April form.
Sep 20, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
Arsenal’s manager lauded his team’s concentration in its 3-0 win at Villa Park.
Sep 20, 2014, 9:27 PM EDT
Bradley Wright-Phillips is closing in on history after his season’s third hat trick.
Sep 20, 2014, 8:02 PM EDT
Can Chelsea stay perfect by beating Man City? Will United win again? How will Spurs, Everton do after Europa League action? Super Sunday is upon us.
Sep 20, 2014, 7:52 PM EDT
Arsenal became the first to break through Aston Villa, while Sam Allardyce’s plans came to fruition in East London.
Sep 20, 2014, 7:16 PM EDT
The Timbers claim fifth in the Western Conference after another decisive win over their rivals.
Sep 20, 2014, 6:48 PM EDT
Thierry Henry will be center stage as two teams recovering from mid-week commitments meet at Red Bull Arena.
Sep 20, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
Portland’s brightest executed a sublime volley to give his team a first half lead.
Sep 20, 2014, 5:07 PM EDT
QPR manager credited Potters’ solidity while extolling the value of his team’s point.
Sep 20, 2014, 5:01 PM EDT
The Liverpool boss didn’t see enough dynamic play from his squad after a mid-week UEFA Champions League match against Ludogorets.
Sep 20, 2014, 4:33 PM EDT
Former DC United player Pablo Hernandez can take as many bows as he’d like after his stunning backheel volley put one past Atletico Madrid.
Sep 20, 2014, 4:23 PM EDT
NBCSNs Major League Soccer doubleheader kicks off at 5 p.m. ET in Oregon. Here are your lineups and streaming information:
Sep 20, 2014, 4:03 PM EDT
Roughly-translated, it said, “A year of rage to be great again.” That’s good stuff, and the noisy crowd made it even better.
Sep 20, 2014, 3:37 PM EDT
There were several eyebrow raisers on Matchday 4 even before Sunday’s Rhein Derby and a big Wolfsburg match versus Bayer Leverkusen.
Sep 20, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Cameroon will host the ACON for the second time in their history in 2019.
Sep 20, 2014, 2:57 PM EDT
Recaps, videos, reaction and analysis from Saturday’s six games in the PL.
Sep 20, 2014, 2:26 PM EDT
Brendan Rodgers side lost its third match of the young season and Sam Allardyce’s West Ham United leapfrogged the Reds with a Saturday win.
Sep 20, 2014, 2:17 PM EDT
Saints are flying high early in the season, as preseason predictions of relegation seem to be well wide of the mark.
Sep 20, 2014, 1:50 PM EDT
Can Welbeck and Ozil click and become Arsenal’s main offensive weapons?
Sep 20, 2014, 1:21 PM EDT
Raheem Stirling has narrowed Liverpool’s deficit to 2-1 at halftime in a Saturday afternoon thriller on NBC.
Sep 20, 2014, 1:14 PM EDT
“It’s not lost on me that I get accused of being arrogant but I’m also a proud man to be manager of this football club and I’m going to fight to keep it,” Pardew said.
- MLS Snapshot: New York Red Bulls 4-1 Seattle Sounders 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Man City vs. Chelsea; Everton, Spurs, Man United in action 0
- Premier League roundup: Arsenal, Southampton win, Liverpool upset 0
- West Ham United 3-1 Liverpool: Early goals send Irons to big upset 2
- Newcastle United 2-2 Hull City: Cisse’s brace saves embattled Magpies (video) 0
- Aston Villa 0-3 Arsenal: Red-hot Ozil, Welbeck fire Gunners to victory (video) 0