May 22, 2012, 1:40 PM EDT
12. Colorado Rapids – Things aren’t going to move in the right direction around Dick’s Sporting Goods Park until speedy center back Marvell Wynne returns – or until management finds a better fill-in center back than Tyrone Marshall, who simply isn’t cutting it. Witness the goals in Saturday’s 2-2 draw at home with Sporting Kansas City.
11. New England Revolution – From forward Ryan Guy following Saturday’s 2-2 draw with Houston: “I think it’s great to be disappointed with a draw. I think last year we would have been satisfied with a draw, and this year we’re absolutely not.” Sounds like a team moving in the right direction.
10. Chivas USA – When putting a dent in the Galaxy’s dominance in the Home Depot Center derby is darn near reduced to sidebar status, you know a lot is going on. Danny Califf and Juan Agudelo, two pieces in the league’s big trade news last week, had their debuts in the 1-0 win over Los Angeles.
9. Vancouver Whitecaps – Good sides close out matches when holding a late lead at home. The Whitecaps are a young organization, still in growth mode, of course. So now reason to fret too much over conceding a late equalizer Saturday to rival Seattle – but let’s not make that a recurring bit, eh, guys?
8. Chicago Fire – A few Fire men were grumbling about the small field in Portland. And we get it; they really do need a few more square yards on the one-bedroom apartment of a surface area – but that’s not the only reason Frank Klopas’ men fell at Jeld-Wen, 2-1. The good news for Chicago: there Toyota Park field is plenty spacious, and they’ll be on the big spread for Wednesday’s home match against Dallas.
7. Sporting Kansas City – After three losses, a draw at Colorado might help Peter Vermes’ previous high-fliers get back on high-flier track. Then again, they did lose a two-goal lead in that one, and that won’t make anyone happy around Livestrong Sporting Park. Defender Aurelien Collin can help the cause by regaining April form.
Aug 1, 2014, 1:03 AM EDT
A nine-match weekend sees MLS return to NBC, with NBCSN set to broadcast games in Kansas City, San Francisco.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:07 PM EDT
Manager remains insistent the Spanish international will stay at Stamford Bridge.
Jul 31, 2014, 9:03 PM EDT
Successful procedure marks the end of John’s 2014 hopes.
Jul 31, 2014, 8:12 PM EDT
De Laurentiis confirms the partenopei’s interest in the afro-laden star.
Jul 31, 2014, 7:22 PM EDT
Toe injury to sideline the U.S. international for an estimated 10 games.
Jul 31, 2014, 6:31 PM EDT
No. 1: Eddie Johnson. No. 2: These new-fangled rules.
Jul 31, 2014, 6:02 PM EDT
Young Americans set to blaze trail in La Liga academies.
Jul 31, 2014, 5:39 PM EDT
San Lorenzo is in Copa’s finals, but Piatti is unlikely to join them.
Jul 31, 2014, 5:14 PM EDT
Two players who spent plenty of time on the sidelines last season are pushing to be integral parts of Manuel Pellegrini’s plans.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:42 PM EDT
29-year-old Argentina arrives from Tigre, becoming the club’s third Designated Player of all-time.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:10 PM EDT
Everton’s frugality gave way to necessity. Is Lukaku worth it the serious cash they splashed?
Jul 31, 2014, 3:21 PM EDT
Remember when Marco Reus, Dries Mertens and Leighton Baines solidified Manchester United’s status in Europe? Us neither.
Jul 31, 2014, 2:56 PM EDT
Cristiano Ronaldo and Christopher Renzi are looking horns over the CR7 trademark.
Jul 31, 2014, 2:25 PM EDT
Guillermo Ochoa starred in the 2014 World Cup for Mexico, and now will try to fill Willy Caballero’s shoes at Malaga.
Jul 31, 2014, 2:08 PM EDT
As deadly virus continues to spread, the Seychelles refuse to let Sierra Leone travel for qualifier.
Jul 31, 2014, 1:50 PM EDT
Seydou Keita has left Barcelona, but being in a different league has not stopped the animosity between the AS Roma midfielder and Real Madrid’s Pepe.
Jul 31, 2014, 1:27 PM EDT
Gerrard: “With all due respect to them, I said to Suarez that he was too good for Arsenal.”
Jul 31, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
Bayern Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said several Premier League teams had interest in 19-year-old American striker Julian Green.
Jul 31, 2014, 12:26 PM EDT
Ching said his former USMNT teammate needs incentive-laden contracts to thrive, while Johnson claims Ching is jealous.
Jul 31, 2014, 11:42 AM EDT
Jermaine Jones is not the only US midfielder rumored to come home, while two Red Devils are tipped for Madrid.
- MLS weekend preview: Conference leaders, surging Galaxy take to NBC, NBCSN 0
- Matías Pérez García announced, becomes third Designated Player in San Jose history 0
- Is Everton’s new striker Romelu Lukaku worth $47 million? 8
- Simeone praises Klinsmann’s US program that “seduces us as coaches” 6
- Neymar’s recovery from World Cup back injury “almost 100 percent” 0
- Reports: Jermaine Jones coming to Chicago, move welcomed by Fire 2