May 22, 2012, 1:40 PM EDT
12. Colorado Rapids – Things aren’t going to move in the right direction around Dick’s Sporting Goods Park until speedy center back Marvell Wynne returns – or until management finds a better fill-in center back than Tyrone Marshall, who simply isn’t cutting it. Witness the goals in Saturday’s 2-2 draw at home with Sporting Kansas City.
11. New England Revolution – From forward Ryan Guy following Saturday’s 2-2 draw with Houston: “I think it’s great to be disappointed with a draw. I think last year we would have been satisfied with a draw, and this year we’re absolutely not.” Sounds like a team moving in the right direction.
10. Chivas USA – When putting a dent in the Galaxy’s dominance in the Home Depot Center derby is darn near reduced to sidebar status, you know a lot is going on. Danny Califf and Juan Agudelo, two pieces in the league’s big trade news last week, had their debuts in the 1-0 win over Los Angeles.
9. Vancouver Whitecaps – Good sides close out matches when holding a late lead at home. The Whitecaps are a young organization, still in growth mode, of course. So now reason to fret too much over conceding a late equalizer Saturday to rival Seattle – but let’s not make that a recurring bit, eh, guys?
8. Chicago Fire – A few Fire men were grumbling about the small field in Portland. And we get it; they really do need a few more square yards on the one-bedroom apartment of a surface area – but that’s not the only reason Frank Klopas’ men fell at Jeld-Wen, 2-1. The good news for Chicago: there Toyota Park field is plenty spacious, and they’ll be on the big spread for Wednesday’s home match against Dallas.
7. Sporting Kansas City – After three losses, a draw at Colorado might help Peter Vermes’ previous high-fliers get back on high-flier track. Then again, they did lose a two-goal lead in that one, and that won’t make anyone happy around Livestrong Sporting Park. Defender Aurelien Collin can help the cause by regaining April form.
Jul 1, 2015, 4:26 PM EDT
He’s the latest addition for Roberto Mancini at the San Siro, along with Monaco midfielder Geoffrey Kondogbia and Granada defender Jeison Murillo.
Jul 1, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
As we gear up for a massive Gold Cup tournament, here’s a look at the superstars who will be on show in the United States of America.
Jul 1, 2015, 2:20 PM EDT
With the summer transfer window officially open, plenty of deals have started to trickle through. Here’s a roundup of the latest.
Jul 1, 2015, 1:50 PM EDT
USWNT legend Wambach joins the Dan Patrick show to preview the Women’s World Cup final.
Jul 1, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
Can the Three Lionesses cause another upset to set up a clash with the USA in the final?
Jul 1, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
Colombian forward is inching towards a move to Stamford Bridge.
Jul 1, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
After giving away a PK in a pivotal moment of the USWNT’s World Cup semifinal, Johnston thanked her teammates for their support.
Jul 1, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
The little magician grabbed three assists and carved open Paraguay’s defense time and time again. Sublime.
Jul 1, 2015, 10:50 AM EDT
Spanish club reveal snazzy new jerseys with plenty of meaning behind them. Check out the rainbow inspired get-up, here.
Jul 1, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Despite Di Maria’s stop-start debut campaign at Old Trafford, the Argentine international still has the backing of his teammates.
Jul 1, 2015, 9:22 AM EDT
Here’s the latest batch of gossip from around the PL.
Jul 1, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
Joe Prince-Wright dissects the big deals of the summer so far and takes a look at the latest transfer gossip doing the rounds.
Jul 1, 2015, 7:10 AM EDT
England international right back Clyne has signed a long-term deal at Anfield.
Jul 1, 2015, 12:12 AM EDT
Jill Ellis takes a lot of criticism, but she got it right again on Tuesday, moves that got the U.S. into the World Cup final.
Jun 30, 2015, 11:50 PM EDT
It’ll be an interesting story to follow as it unfolds across American soccer’s top flight.
Jun 30, 2015, 11:20 PM EDT
For 32 glorious minutes, we thought there was a good chance we’d see a third-tier side in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup’s quarterfinals.
Jun 30, 2015, 10:47 PM EDT
The United States played its best soccer in two years with a victory over Germany in an epic win over Germany.
Jun 30, 2015, 10:03 PM EDT
Either Landon Donovan is emotionally removed from last summer’s World Cup roster omission drama, or the USMNT legend just passive-aggressively lashed out at former coach Jurgen Klinsmann.
Jun 30, 2015, 9:38 PM EDT
There will be a blockbuster final to the Copa America, as Argentina thumped Paraguay to cruise to the final.
Jun 30, 2015, 9:21 PM EDT
With one brilliant 90-minute performance, the United States reasserted itself as the best team in the world.
- Stars of CONCACAF: Ranking the top 10 players at the 2015 Gold Cup 2
- “Angel Di Maria has most talent at Manchester United,” says teammate. Agree? 6
- VIDEO: Breaking down the done deals and transfer gossip in PST Extra 0
- Liverpool complete $20 million signing of Nathaniel Clyne from Southampton 1
- Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup roundup: Union, Orlando, Chicago move on as Charlotte bounced 2
- With the World Cup on the line, the USWNT gave us a vintage performance to savor 3