May 24, 2012, 10:24 AM EDT
Chivas USA striker Juan Pablo Angel made his return to Red Bull Arena on Wednesday, nailing a terrific goal for Chivas USA in a 1-1 draw with the host Red Bulls.
This is just a fist dap and a “nice one, guys” for the fans in Harrison, New Jersey, who gave the veteran striker a proper welcome home.
Angel hit 58 goals over four seasons for the Red Bulls. His 19-goal season in 2007, Angel’s first year in MLS after coming over from England’s Aston Villa, stands as the best goal-scoring campaign yet in 16 previous seasons for the club.
Clearly, some Red Bulls supporters haven’t forgotten.
- Anyone else think Bayern Munich is playing dirty? 5
- With PSG willing to match Wayne Rooney’s wages, Manchester United has somebody to bail them out 3
- Looking at the United States’ roster ahead of their Canada rematch 1
- A stadium for New York City FC – tougher than you think 8
- Claudio Reyna announced as New York City FC Director of Football 0
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- Gareth Bale set to re-sign with Tottenham – But is it a good deal for the Welshman? (9)
- Possible temporary homes for New York City FC (9)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Rangers live another day, edge Bruins in OT
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1