May 25, 2012, 7:00 AM EDT
Birthdays of Note: Carlos Bocanegra turns 33 today. Captain America.
What’s his horoscope, you ask? Well: “You are a witty, humorous, talkative person. Under the chatty or sociable surface, you are a lot more serious than you appear. In fact, you never take anything at face value. You consider yourself unusual, and most people agree! You are highly imaginative with fantastical dreams and ideas.”
Yeah, that sounds about right.
Ahead on the blog today*: THE WEEKEND! (Portland vs. Vancouver; San Jose vs. Kansas City; USMNT vs. Scotland); some news bites from the US camp down in Florida; a detailed critique of “The Old Man in the Sea”
What we should all be watching on TV: Costa Rica vs. Guatemala. A little scouting for World Cup qualifying.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day): Mia Hamm
PST background noise while blogging today: “World of Noise,” Everclear
We’ll leave you with this: Stay classy, Internet.
*Always subject to change; you know how it is
- With PSG willing to match Wayne Rooney’s wages, Manchester United has somebody to bail them out 3
- Looking at the United States’ roster ahead of their Canada rematch 1
- A stadium for New York City FC – tougher than you think 8
- Claudio Reyna announced as New York City FC Director of Football 0
- Possible temporary homes for New York City FC 9
- Bigger impact on U.S. soccer growth: David Beckham or Pele? (35)
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (17)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- Landon Donovan and a Gold Cup squeeze? He deserves better (9)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement