May 27, 2012, 7:05 PM EST
We’ve seen Landon Donovan’s three goals from last night. If you haven’t, help yourself, please.
Saturday’s show-stopper was his third internationally with a hat trick or better. So, what about the others?
His first “hat trick” was actually a four-goal outburst, way back in 2003. During a Gold Cup quarterfinal, Donovan became the fourth player in program history to strike four times. The United States prevailed easily, 5-0.
Four years later in a friendly against Ecuador (a 3-1 win, this one also down in Florida, just like last night’s), Donovan contributed a terrific trio of three quality finishes.
Here are the highlights of that one.
(Bonus: you get to hear Bruce Arena as a commentator; I had forgotten about this particular blip on the man’s otherwise formidable resume.)
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0
- After “two points dropped” at Aston Villa, Wayne Rooney says media was driving title talk 0