May 27, 2012, 7:05 PM EDT
We’ve seen Landon Donovan’s three goals from last night. If you haven’t, help yourself, please.
Saturday’s show-stopper was his third internationally with a hat trick or better. So, what about the others?
His first “hat trick” was actually a four-goal outburst, way back in 2003. During a Gold Cup quarterfinal, Donovan became the fourth player in program history to strike four times. The United States prevailed easily, 5-0.
Four years later in a friendly against Ecuador (a 3-1 win, this one also down in Florida, just like last night’s), Donovan contributed a terrific trio of three quality finishes.
Here are the highlights of that one.
(Bonus: you get to hear Bruce Arena as a commentator; I had forgotten about this particular blip on the man’s otherwise formidable resume.)
- Liverpool 0-1 AS Roma: Marco Borriello winner gives Italians victory at Fenway 0
- Houston Dynamo land USMNT legend DaMarcus Beasley 0
- Watch Live: Liverpool vs. AS Roma (Lineups and Discuss) 1
- USMNT prospect Gedion Zelalem on Arsenal’s roster for Red Bulls match 4
- Stripping Russia of World Cup 2018? Germany makes the argument 7
- New York City FC to announce “major signing” on Thursday… Frank Lampard? 7