May 27, 2012, 7:05 PM EDT
We’ve seen Landon Donovan’s three goals from last night. If you haven’t, help yourself, please.
Saturday’s show-stopper was his third internationally with a hat trick or better. So, what about the others?
His first “hat trick” was actually a four-goal outburst, way back in 2003. During a Gold Cup quarterfinal, Donovan became the fourth player in program history to strike four times. The United States prevailed easily, 5-0.
Four years later in a friendly against Ecuador (a 3-1 win, this one also down in Florida, just like last night’s), Donovan contributed a terrific trio of three quality finishes.
Here are the highlights of that one.
(Bonus: you get to hear Bruce Arena as a commentator; I had forgotten about this particular blip on the man’s otherwise formidable resume.)
- Stoke want to keep USA’s Geoff Cameron, Southampton in the hunt 0
- Tottenham Hotspur offer $26 million plus Andros Townsend for Jay Rodriguez 0
- Julian Green completes loan move to Hamburg 0
- Premier League Playback – Deadline Day madness, Chelsea’s ‘killers,’ Liverpool’s fluid-three 2
- LIVE Transfer Ticker – Deadline Day updates 1
- Reports: Manchester United nearing cut-price loan for Falcao 7