May 27, 2012, 7:05 PM EDT
We’ve seen Landon Donovan’s three goals from last night. If you haven’t, help yourself, please.
Saturday’s show-stopper was his third internationally with a hat trick or better. So, what about the others?
His first “hat trick” was actually a four-goal outburst, way back in 2003. During a Gold Cup quarterfinal, Donovan became the fourth player in program history to strike four times. The United States prevailed easily, 5-0.
Four years later in a friendly against Ecuador (a 3-1 win, this one also down in Florida, just like last night’s), Donovan contributed a terrific trio of three quality finishes.
Here are the highlights of that one.
(Bonus: you get to hear Bruce Arena as a commentator; I had forgotten about this particular blip on the man’s otherwise formidable resume.)
- Full list of every transfer made by Premier League clubs during the Summer Transfer Window 0
- Complete list of every transfer in the Premier League on Deadline Day 0
- Manchester United fires back on De Gea saga, laying blame at feet of Real Madrid 1
- GRADES: How did each Premier League team fare in the Summer Transfer Window? 4
- Manchester United confirm $55 million signing of teenage striker Anthony Martial 0
- Deadline Day transfer rumor roundup: Hector to Chelsea, Berahino to Tottenham 0