May 28, 2012, 7:00 AM EST
What we’re thinking, what we’re watching, what’s coming on the blog today and the RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day). Setting up your day in soccer …
Birthdays of Note: Aston Villa’s Charles N’Zogbia turns 26. Yep, that’s all we got.
Ahead on the blog today*: Rolling out individual thumbnail previews of all four teams in Group A of the European Championships. Look for the first around noon ET. (The tournament starts Friday. Can. Not. Wait!) More follow-up on Saturday’s national team win, plus the usual Monday MLS staples, the Player of the Week and Team of the Week.
What we should all be watching on TV: Mexico-Belarus at noon (ET) on Telemundo.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day): Sara Whalen
Twitter daps: Former U.S. women’s national team star Mia Hamm (@MiaHamm): Congrats to the USWNT for their 4-1 victory over China. Keep it going.
U.S. women’s national team striker Alex Morgan (@alexmorgan13):Thanks Philly for showing up huge tonight!! Awesome team win… Getting super excited for #LondonOlympics2012
U.S. women’s national team defender Heather Mitts (@heathermitts): Thanks for showing up and bringing the energy PHILLLY!!!! Next stop Sweden. Ciao for now
We’ll leave you with this: Kei Kamara is having a fantastic season for Sporting Kansas City. He’s about to solidify a place on my All-Underrated team.
*Always subject to change; you know how it is
- What could Chad Marshall bring to the Seattle Sounder defense? We’ll find out in 2014 0
- NWSL: Houston becomes second MLS franchise to place team in women’s professional league 1
- MLS Re-Entry Draft: As predicted, Portland find a way to get Steve Zakuani 4
- Early approval: Klinsmann extends contract, will serve as U.S. head coach, technical director through 2018 3
- MLS announces Bayern Munich as opponent for 2014 All-Star Game in Portland 4
- WATCH: Can Tottenham stop Luis Suarez and can City beat Arsenal? 0
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (21)
- Sporting Kansas City crowned 2013 MLS champions after 10 rounds of penalty kicks (16)
- U.S. national team discussion: The Alejandro Bedoya conundrum (14)