May 28, 2012, 7:00 AM EST
What we’re thinking, what we’re watching, what’s coming on the blog today and the RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day). Setting up your day in soccer …
Birthdays of Note: Aston Villa’s Charles N’Zogbia turns 26. Yep, that’s all we got.
Ahead on the blog today*: Rolling out individual thumbnail previews of all four teams in Group A of the European Championships. Look for the first around noon ET. (The tournament starts Friday. Can. Not. Wait!) More follow-up on Saturday’s national team win, plus the usual Monday MLS staples, the Player of the Week and Team of the Week.
What we should all be watching on TV: Mexico-Belarus at noon (ET) on Telemundo.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day): Sara Whalen
Twitter daps: Former U.S. women’s national team star Mia Hamm (@MiaHamm): Congrats to the USWNT for their 4-1 victory over China. Keep it going.
U.S. women’s national team striker Alex Morgan (@alexmorgan13):Thanks Philly for showing up huge tonight!! Awesome team win… Getting super excited for #LondonOlympics2012
U.S. women’s national team defender Heather Mitts (@heathermitts): Thanks for showing up and bringing the energy PHILLLY!!!! Next stop Sweden. Ciao for now
We’ll leave you with this: Kei Kamara is having a fantastic season for Sporting Kansas City. He’s about to solidify a place on my All-Underrated team.
*Always subject to change; you know how it is
- Inside Look, MLS Cup Playoffs: How Revs, Galaxy built very different one-goal leads 0
- Recap: LA Galaxy grab 1-0 lead over Seattle Sounders in Western Conference Championship 1
- Despite artificial turf, New York Red Bulls’ Thierry Henry says he’ll play next week at New England 1
- Recap: New England Revolution snatch 2-1 lead, two away goals from New York Red Bulls 4
- Video: Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool needs to “become a team” 1
- Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: Bolasie carves up Liverpool defense 3