May 29, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
6. Sporting Kansas City – Big performances from Aurelien Collin, Graham Zusi, Roger Espinoza, C.J. Sapong and especially Kei Kamara got the Livestrong bunch back on track. San Jose was missing two offensive producers, but SKC’s 2-1 was a tough earn just the same.
5. San Jose Earthquakes – Going into Kansas City without your two leading scorers is hardly an afternoon off. So, Sunday’s 2-1 loss is hardly disastrous – especially when it comes off a signature win, a three-goal rally late against the Galaxy. Alan Gordon once again had something special to offer in stoppage time, Johnny on the Spot to head home in the 3-2 win in Southern California.
4. Houston Dynamo – A Brad Davis assist on a corner kick? Yeah, we’ve seen a few of those. But how many of them capped a come-from-behind win at a spanking new stadium against the league champs? The Orange is unbeaten in its last four.
3. New York Red Bulls – Thierry Henry returned from injury last week, but it was Kenny Cooper with the goal, his 11th this year to grab a share of the league leadership. The Red Bulls are unbeaten in six.
2. D.C. United – What a find Maicon Santos has been. While the DPs not named Dwayne De Rosario have been in and out (both of D.C.’s lesser producing DPs have found their MLS feet to some extent lately), Santos just keeps turning up ways to contribute. Last week Santos scored a goal off the bench (doing so for the second time this year) to give Ben Olsen’s squad its third consecutive win.
1. Real Salt Lake – Head coach Jason Kreis: “Oh to be a season ticket holder right now…we’re giving them their money’s worth for sure. Another crazy game tonight.” Yup. Twice RSL needed late goals to retake the lead against FC Dallas in a wild 3-2 win. Alvaro Saborio (pictured) produced the first two, while center back Nat Borchers was in the right spot for a stoppage-time game-winner as the men from Rio Tinto ran their unbeaten streak to six games.
- Jack McInerney would be league’s youngest Golden Boot winner 0
- Talking points on Portland’s 2-2 draw with Vancouver 0
- PSG president confirms Saturday was likely David Beckham’s farewell match 2
- As Alex Ferguson says goodbye, Manchester United’s cupboard remains stocked 0
- Bayern Munich finish German season 25 points ahead of Borussia Dortmund 0
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team
- Play Video: Red Bulls pull off win on the road
- Play Video: Highlights: Montreal extinguish Chicago