May 29, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
6. Sporting Kansas City – Big performances from Aurelien Collin, Graham Zusi, Roger Espinoza, C.J. Sapong and especially Kei Kamara got the Livestrong bunch back on track. San Jose was missing two offensive producers, but SKC’s 2-1 was a tough earn just the same.
5. San Jose Earthquakes – Going into Kansas City without your two leading scorers is hardly an afternoon off. So, Sunday’s 2-1 loss is hardly disastrous – especially when it comes off a signature win, a three-goal rally late against the Galaxy. Alan Gordon once again had something special to offer in stoppage time, Johnny on the Spot to head home in the 3-2 win in Southern California.
4. Houston Dynamo – A Brad Davis assist on a corner kick? Yeah, we’ve seen a few of those. But how many of them capped a come-from-behind win at a spanking new stadium against the league champs? The Orange is unbeaten in its last four.
3. New York Red Bulls – Thierry Henry returned from injury last week, but it was Kenny Cooper with the goal, his 11th this year to grab a share of the league leadership. The Red Bulls are unbeaten in six.
2. D.C. United – What a find Maicon Santos has been. While the DPs not named Dwayne De Rosario have been in and out (both of D.C.’s lesser producing DPs have found their MLS feet to some extent lately), Santos just keeps turning up ways to contribute. Last week Santos scored a goal off the bench (doing so for the second time this year) to give Ben Olsen’s squad its third consecutive win.
1. Real Salt Lake – Head coach Jason Kreis: “Oh to be a season ticket holder right now…we’re giving them their money’s worth for sure. Another crazy game tonight.” Yup. Twice RSL needed late goals to retake the lead against FC Dallas in a wild 3-2 win. Alvaro Saborio (pictured) produced the first two, while center back Nat Borchers was in the right spot for a stoppage-time game-winner as the men from Rio Tinto ran their unbeaten streak to six games.
Jul 29, 2014, 12:37 AM EDT
Sounders’ tendency to collapse resurfaces during the Galaxy’s biggest win of the season.
Jul 28, 2014, 11:07 PM EDT
A terrible move could get worse if Chelsea can’t move the Spanish striker.
Jul 28, 2014, 10:13 PM EDT
Belgian international intends to stay at White Hart Lane, with a new, five-year deal on the table.
Jul 28, 2014, 9:17 PM EDT
Napoli, Borussia Dortmund linked to the potential United castoffs.
Jul 28, 2014, 8:22 PM EDT
Colombian international expected to play Saturday against Valencia.
Jul 28, 2014, 7:37 PM EDT
Time in the NASL will give the 24-year-old needed minutes.
Jul 28, 2014, 6:48 PM EDT
Brazilian’s injury testing United’s depth on the right side.
Jul 28, 2014, 5:54 PM EDT
U.S. international’s knee surgery will sideline him for “several weeks.”
Jul 28, 2014, 4:57 PM EDT
Two Saints look to follow their former manager to North London.
Jul 28, 2014, 4:03 PM EDT
Timber’s game-winning goal in Montréal separated him from a tight field.
Jul 28, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
After two on-pitch selfie’s occur with players over the weekend, security needs to be stepped up.
Jul 28, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
Could Neymar represent Brazil at the 2016 Olympics in Rio?
Jul 28, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
Besic, 21, has signed a five-year deal with the Toffees.
Jul 28, 2014, 1:43 PM EDT
Bale smashes in an absolute beauty from distance. Check it out, here.
Jul 28, 2014, 12:58 PM EDT
After selling over $170 million of talent so far this summer, what are Saints playing at?
Jul 28, 2014, 11:52 AM EDT
Boyd out after injury in Queens Park Rangers friendly.
Jul 28, 2014, 11:25 AM EDT
He may be one of the best soccer players the planet has ever seen, but Messi is not above the law.
Jul 28, 2014, 10:51 AM EDT
Arsenal splash the cash to sign 19-year-old Southampton academy graduate.
Jul 28, 2014, 10:25 AM EDT
Did Remy fail a medical at Liverpool? ‘Arry isn’t buying it.
Jul 28, 2014, 9:20 AM EDT
Clegg, Downing Street, discuss Russia hosting the 2018 World Cup.
- MLS Snapshot: Seattle Sounders 0-3 LA Galaxy 0
- Premier, Champions League quotas leave Mourinho desperate to sell Torres 0
- Van Gaal, Manchester United ready to move on from Fellaini, Kagawa 0
- Radamel Falcao on track to return at weekend’s Emirates Cup 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: Portland’s Diego Valeri 0
- The great Southampton exodus continues. Why is this happening? 6