May 29, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
6. Sporting Kansas City – Big performances from Aurelien Collin, Graham Zusi, Roger Espinoza, C.J. Sapong and especially Kei Kamara got the Livestrong bunch back on track. San Jose was missing two offensive producers, but SKC’s 2-1 was a tough earn just the same.
5. San Jose Earthquakes – Going into Kansas City without your two leading scorers is hardly an afternoon off. So, Sunday’s 2-1 loss is hardly disastrous – especially when it comes off a signature win, a three-goal rally late against the Galaxy. Alan Gordon once again had something special to offer in stoppage time, Johnny on the Spot to head home in the 3-2 win in Southern California.
4. Houston Dynamo – A Brad Davis assist on a corner kick? Yeah, we’ve seen a few of those. But how many of them capped a come-from-behind win at a spanking new stadium against the league champs? The Orange is unbeaten in its last four.
3. New York Red Bulls – Thierry Henry returned from injury last week, but it was Kenny Cooper with the goal, his 11th this year to grab a share of the league leadership. The Red Bulls are unbeaten in six.
2. D.C. United – What a find Maicon Santos has been. While the DPs not named Dwayne De Rosario have been in and out (both of D.C.’s lesser producing DPs have found their MLS feet to some extent lately), Santos just keeps turning up ways to contribute. Last week Santos scored a goal off the bench (doing so for the second time this year) to give Ben Olsen’s squad its third consecutive win.
1. Real Salt Lake – Head coach Jason Kreis: “Oh to be a season ticket holder right now…we’re giving them their money’s worth for sure. Another crazy game tonight.” Yup. Twice RSL needed late goals to retake the lead against FC Dallas in a wild 3-2 win. Alvaro Saborio (pictured) produced the first two, while center back Nat Borchers was in the right spot for a stoppage-time game-winner as the men from Rio Tinto ran their unbeaten streak to six games.
May 22, 2013, 10:06 AM EDT
Yankee Stadium, Citi Field, Red Bull Arena… which venue could work best as a temporary home for New York City FC?
May 22, 2013, 8:54 AM EDT
The magic of the Cup lives on, as four PDL sides now face trips to MLS teams in the third-round. Is this the stuff dreams are made of?
May 22, 2013, 8:19 AM EDT
Pulis joins long list of EPL managers departing… is English soccer becoming more ruthless?
May 21, 2013, 8:02 PM EDT
Wait a minute … didn’t MLS commissioner Don Garber say there “is no Plan B …” beyond the Queens location?
May 21, 2013, 6:40 PM EDT
Well, phooey! Didn’t Dempsey just go through a summer of transfer instability?
May 21, 2013, 4:50 PM EDT
This and that as the U.S. contingent preps to gather in Cleveland ahead of five matches over the next few weeks:
May 21, 2013, 4:10 PM EDT
The updated ordering in ProSoccerTalk’s ranking of Major League Soccer teams following 12 rounds of play:
Officials from MLS, Yankees, Manchester City and NYC mayor Michael Bloomberg to speak tomorrow on expansion news
May 21, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
How very convenient that Manchester City just happens to be in the States for a brief two-game tour.
May 21, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
It’s really about two things, and not much else:
May 21, 2013, 2:05 PM EDT
By forming NYC FC, City and the Yankees have created a ‘sister-club’ relationship – an innovative bond between a Premiership and MLS club.
May 21, 2013, 1:23 PM EDT
Early thoughts on the facility and the ripples of today’s big announcement on the 20th MLS franchise:
May 21, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
By swapping Dzeko for Cavani, City can hamstring Manchester United and Chelsea, as both are rumored to be seeking a world-class striker.
It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team.
May 21, 2013, 11:16 AM EDT
The league’s 20th franchise will begin play in 2015:
May 21, 2013, 9:33 AM EDT
During his Premiership tenure Toure has proven himself a leader, captaining both the Gunners and the Citizens, as well as Cote d’Ivoire.
May 21, 2013, 8:37 AM EDT
Has Daniel Levy already forgotten about what happened when he tried to pin Luka Modric down with this ‘no sale’ line of bull?
May 20, 2013, 11:58 PM EDT
Expect this one to get worked out.
May 20, 2013, 11:23 PM EDT
If Real Madrid’s going to shake things up, Higuaín could do worse than land at The Emirates.
May 20, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
Four players were on the original list. None of them may end up at Stamford Bridge.
May 20, 2013, 8:13 PM EDT
Our sympathy continues to grow for a man in a bad spot.
- Another EPL manager goes, as Tony Pulis leaves Stoke City 2
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market 14
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. 34
- Gareth Bale set to re-sign with Tottenham – But is it a good deal for the Welshman? 8
- Looking back at Week 6 of the NWSL season 2
- Bigger impact on U.S. soccer growth: David Beckham or Pele? (35)
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (34)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (14)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (13)
- Portland ball kid correct to deny Mario de Luna (12)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- Play Video: Premier League drama set to thrill
- Play Video: Premier League: Real English drama
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team