May 29, 2012, 5:30 PM EST
6. Sporting Kansas City – Big performances from Aurelien Collin, Graham Zusi, Roger Espinoza, C.J. Sapong and especially Kei Kamara got the Livestrong bunch back on track. San Jose was missing two offensive producers, but SKC’s 2-1 was a tough earn just the same.
5. San Jose Earthquakes – Going into Kansas City without your two leading scorers is hardly an afternoon off. So, Sunday’s 2-1 loss is hardly disastrous – especially when it comes off a signature win, a three-goal rally late against the Galaxy. Alan Gordon once again had something special to offer in stoppage time, Johnny on the Spot to head home in the 3-2 win in Southern California.
4. Houston Dynamo – A Brad Davis assist on a corner kick? Yeah, we’ve seen a few of those. But how many of them capped a come-from-behind win at a spanking new stadium against the league champs? The Orange is unbeaten in its last four.
3. New York Red Bulls – Thierry Henry returned from injury last week, but it was Kenny Cooper with the goal, his 11th this year to grab a share of the league leadership. The Red Bulls are unbeaten in six.
2. D.C. United – What a find Maicon Santos has been. While the DPs not named Dwayne De Rosario have been in and out (both of D.C.’s lesser producing DPs have found their MLS feet to some extent lately), Santos just keeps turning up ways to contribute. Last week Santos scored a goal off the bench (doing so for the second time this year) to give Ben Olsen’s squad its third consecutive win.
1. Real Salt Lake – Head coach Jason Kreis: “Oh to be a season ticket holder right now…we’re giving them their money’s worth for sure. Another crazy game tonight.” Yup. Twice RSL needed late goals to retake the lead against FC Dallas in a wild 3-2 win. Alvaro Saborio (pictured) produced the first two, while center back Nat Borchers was in the right spot for a stoppage-time game-winner as the men from Rio Tinto ran their unbeaten streak to six games.
Nov 22, 2014, 11:59 PM EST
On Sunday, AC Milan will play host to rivals Inter Milan in “derby della Madonnina”, and Roberto Mancini is back.
Premier League Saturday highlights: Manchester United skirts by Arsenal, Newcastle gets fifth straight win
Nov 22, 2014, 10:41 PM EST
Watch Premier League highlights from all of Saturday’s Round 12 games.
Nov 22, 2014, 9:47 PM EST
New York Red Bulls’ Designated Player Tim Cahill is far from doubting his team’s capabilities against the New England Revolution in the Eastern Conference Championship on Sunday.
Nov 22, 2014, 7:56 PM EST
La Liga weekend roundup, as it stands now.
Nov 22, 2014, 7:12 PM EST
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho apologized to supporters for criticizing the stadium atmosphere, while praising his team’s play in a 2-0 blanking of West Brom.
Nov 22, 2014, 6:45 PM EST
Rooney: “We weathered the storm” in 2-1 victory over Arsenal.
Nov 22, 2014, 5:15 PM EST
His squad controlling possession and gathering a fair amount of chances on goal, Arsene Wenger believes his side deserved a better result against Manchester United.
Nov 22, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
One game is a rematch of the 3-3 draw that left Luis Suarez in tears, but both Palace and Liverpool have much bigger things to worry about.
Nov 22, 2014, 5:00 PM EST
All the action from the PL’s seven games on Saturday.
Nov 22, 2014, 4:45 PM EST
Elsewhere, USMNT defenders Timmy Chandler (right) and John Anthony Brooks picked up wins in 90 minutes each for their clubs.
Nov 22, 2014, 4:25 PM EST
Despite an wonderful 1-0 result over QPR to keep their winning run alive, Alan Pardew feels the pain of Ryan Taylor’s sudden injury.
Nov 22, 2014, 3:55 PM EST
Barcelona’s diminutive legend is really good at soccer.
Nov 22, 2014, 3:38 PM EST
This season, he has all his players and no excuses. So The Special One is a little ticked off that his Blues aren’t pouring forth goals to match their dominant play.
Nov 22, 2014, 3:35 PM EST
Irvine: “We actually went a goal down to a goal which I thought was offside and that makes life very difficult here.”
Nov 22, 2014, 3:32 PM EST
Red Devils surge to victory away at Arsenal, as LVG’s masterplan is taking shape.
Nov 22, 2014, 2:51 PM EST
And there’s still time Saturday to make the record his own, as the game is just at halftime.
Nov 22, 2014, 2:34 PM EST
What did we learn from United’s big win at the Emirates? Plenty. But here’s three things.
Nov 22, 2014, 2:28 PM EST
A testy affair that could’ve gotten Jack Wilshere a red card instead got him injured, and Arsenal had no finish at the Emirates.
Nov 22, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
Klopp has been at Dortmund since 2008 when he arrived from Mainz, and would likely have his choice of jobs should Dortmund let him walk.
Nov 22, 2014, 12:14 PM EST
Foxes and Black Cats cancel each other out at the King Power.
- Premier League Sunday preview: Liverpool, Spurs take to road to face fellow strugglers Palace, Hull 1
- Premier League roundup: Wins for Manchester United, Chelsea, Burnley (video) 0
- WATCH: Messi’s teammates repeatedly toss him in air after breaking La Liga record 1
- Defiant win proves van Gaal’s Manchester United on the right track 0
- Three things we learned from Manchester United’s big win at Arsenal 0
- Arsenal 1-2 Manchester United: Too little too late for Giroud and the chance-squandering Gunners 1