May 29, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
6. Sporting Kansas City – Big performances from Aurelien Collin, Graham Zusi, Roger Espinoza, C.J. Sapong and especially Kei Kamara got the Livestrong bunch back on track. San Jose was missing two offensive producers, but SKC’s 2-1 was a tough earn just the same.
5. San Jose Earthquakes – Going into Kansas City without your two leading scorers is hardly an afternoon off. So, Sunday’s 2-1 loss is hardly disastrous – especially when it comes off a signature win, a three-goal rally late against the Galaxy. Alan Gordon once again had something special to offer in stoppage time, Johnny on the Spot to head home in the 3-2 win in Southern California.
4. Houston Dynamo – A Brad Davis assist on a corner kick? Yeah, we’ve seen a few of those. But how many of them capped a come-from-behind win at a spanking new stadium against the league champs? The Orange is unbeaten in its last four.
3. New York Red Bulls – Thierry Henry returned from injury last week, but it was Kenny Cooper with the goal, his 11th this year to grab a share of the league leadership. The Red Bulls are unbeaten in six.
2. D.C. United – What a find Maicon Santos has been. While the DPs not named Dwayne De Rosario have been in and out (both of D.C.’s lesser producing DPs have found their MLS feet to some extent lately), Santos just keeps turning up ways to contribute. Last week Santos scored a goal off the bench (doing so for the second time this year) to give Ben Olsen’s squad its third consecutive win.
1. Real Salt Lake – Head coach Jason Kreis: “Oh to be a season ticket holder right now…we’re giving them their money’s worth for sure. Another crazy game tonight.” Yup. Twice RSL needed late goals to retake the lead against FC Dallas in a wild 3-2 win. Alvaro Saborio (pictured) produced the first two, while center back Nat Borchers was in the right spot for a stoppage-time game-winner as the men from Rio Tinto ran their unbeaten streak to six games.
Apr 16, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
MLS heading to the Twin Cities?
Apr 16, 2014, 7:58 AM EDT
Kroos’ camp say he won’t move on until 2015, as Bayern and United scrap over German star.
Apr 16, 2014, 7:15 AM EDT
The top 10 best paid sports teams in the world revealed. Find out who pays the most, right here:
Apr 15, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
Mexico’s top two teams reach halftime of their two-legged final, with leg two kickoff next Wednesday in Toluca.
Apr 15, 2014, 9:42 PM EDT
The top four remain unchanged, while Houston, New England, and Portland make big shifts on this week’s chart.
Apr 15, 2014, 7:58 PM EDT
Thoughts from NBCSN’s analysts as will as footage from Rodgers’, Martínez’s speeches at Anfield.
Apr 15, 2014, 7:02 PM EDT
Three LA Galaxy players join two members of the Columbus Crew in our Best XI.
Apr 15, 2014, 6:08 PM EDT
Gunners go back into the top four, but can they hold off Everton?
Apr 15, 2014, 5:47 PM EDT
Four soccer players rank amount the world’s top 25 earners.
Apr 15, 2014, 5:16 PM EDT
Columbus’s Costa Rican international is the latest player to donate to MLS Works.
Apr 15, 2014, 4:42 PM EDT
The Gunners overcame a Matt Jarvis opener to take their second win of the season from the Irons.
Apr 15, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
Klopp to take over at White Hart Lane?
Apr 15, 2014, 3:47 PM EDT
Last week’s hat trick couldn’t snare our honor, but two goals in Dallas made the Sounder star this week’s best player.
Apr 15, 2014, 3:17 PM EDT
Can the Clarets join the Foxes in the big time?
Apr 15, 2014, 2:35 PM EDT
A story from The Daily Beast deals with many obstacles faced by the girls, including some prevailing belief that they shouldn’t even watch sport, let alone play soccer.
Apr 15, 2014, 2:03 PM EDT
The Gunners and Hammers are putting some London derby bragging rights on the line this evening at the Emirates Stadium live on NBCSN and online NBC Sports Live Extra
Apr 15, 2014, 1:21 PM EDT
West Ham last took a point from Arsenal in an October 2009 draw, and hasn’t beaten the Gunners since an April 7, 2007 win at the Emirates.
Apr 15, 2014, 12:46 PM EDT
MLSSoccer.com’s “MLS Insider” series brings a strong video on the anniversary of Matt Reis’ heroics at the Boston Marathon bombing.
Apr 15, 2014, 11:57 AM EDT
His speech was equal parts soccer fan, Merseyside resident and fixture in the game.
Apr 15, 2014, 11:27 AM EDT
Let’s say you’re dating your ex-teammate’s ex-wife and spend a lot of time with his kids. What’s a super scummy idea before your team plays his?
- Minnesota Vikings “stepping up” bid for MLS franchise 0
- Manchester City the best paid team in sport, beat New York Yankees to accolade 1
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 6 0
- ProSoccerTalk MLS Team of the Week – Week 6 0
- Arsene Wenger insists Arsenal can finish in the top four 4
- Arsenal 3-1 West Ham United: Podolski double puts Gunners back in the win column (video) 1