May 29, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
6. Sporting Kansas City – Big performances from Aurelien Collin, Graham Zusi, Roger Espinoza, C.J. Sapong and especially Kei Kamara got the Livestrong bunch back on track. San Jose was missing two offensive producers, but SKC’s 2-1 was a tough earn just the same.
5. San Jose Earthquakes – Going into Kansas City without your two leading scorers is hardly an afternoon off. So, Sunday’s 2-1 loss is hardly disastrous – especially when it comes off a signature win, a three-goal rally late against the Galaxy. Alan Gordon once again had something special to offer in stoppage time, Johnny on the Spot to head home in the 3-2 win in Southern California.
4. Houston Dynamo – A Brad Davis assist on a corner kick? Yeah, we’ve seen a few of those. But how many of them capped a come-from-behind win at a spanking new stadium against the league champs? The Orange is unbeaten in its last four.
3. New York Red Bulls – Thierry Henry returned from injury last week, but it was Kenny Cooper with the goal, his 11th this year to grab a share of the league leadership. The Red Bulls are unbeaten in six.
2. D.C. United – What a find Maicon Santos has been. While the DPs not named Dwayne De Rosario have been in and out (both of D.C.’s lesser producing DPs have found their MLS feet to some extent lately), Santos just keeps turning up ways to contribute. Last week Santos scored a goal off the bench (doing so for the second time this year) to give Ben Olsen’s squad its third consecutive win.
1. Real Salt Lake – Head coach Jason Kreis: “Oh to be a season ticket holder right now…we’re giving them their money’s worth for sure. Another crazy game tonight.” Yup. Twice RSL needed late goals to retake the lead against FC Dallas in a wild 3-2 win. Alvaro Saborio (pictured) produced the first two, while center back Nat Borchers was in the right spot for a stoppage-time game-winner as the men from Rio Tinto ran their unbeaten streak to six games.
Apr 27, 2015, 2:18 PM EDT
The 29-year-old Belgian center back joins a unit which has conceded just 19 goals in La Liga play, the best total in the league by six goals.
Apr 27, 2015, 1:35 PM EDT
Hazard is now the PFA’s reigning Player of the Year. We doubt very much this video will make his peers think they voted incorrectly.
Apr 27, 2015, 1:16 PM EDT
Backup keeper Erik Kronberg is ineligible for the competition since he was a part of Sporting KC earlier in the tournament.
Apr 27, 2015, 12:07 PM EDT
The headlines aren’t being kind to Newcastle on Monday morning, and it seems their manager is sick of his players’ performance and grief from supporters.
Apr 27, 2015, 11:08 AM EDT
True to form, the West is leading. Perhaps not to expectations, but leading nonetheless.
Apr 27, 2015, 10:35 AM EDT
PST’s Lead Writer and Editor takes an alternative look at Week 34 in the PL.
Apr 27, 2015, 10:10 AM EDT
Find out which club put forth a performance that was second to none in Round 34 of the Premier League.
MLS official squashes rumor of emergency intra-MLS goalkeeper loan for CONCACAF Champions League final
Apr 27, 2015, 9:21 AM EDT
A potential week-long loan of Chicago Fire goalkeeper Sean Johnson to the Montreal Impact for this Wednesday’s second leg of the CONCACAF Champions League final against Club America is not going to happen.
Apr 27, 2015, 8:35 AM EDT
Find out whose star shone above the rest in the Premier League this weekend.
Apr 27, 2015, 8:08 AM EDT
Elton John. American skippers and Harry Potter. Get to know the Hornets ahead of their PL return.
Apr 27, 2015, 7:50 AM EDT
Sturridge and Luis Suarez registered 52 PL goals last season. Liverpool as a team has 47 this season.
Apr 26, 2015, 11:50 PM EDT
Final: Sounders 1-0 Timbers
Apr 26, 2015, 10:21 PM EDT
Roundup of La Liga and Serie A competition from Sunday.
Apr 26, 2015, 9:21 PM EDT
Final: Orlando City 0-2 Toronto FC
Apr 26, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
Watch the Premier League highlights from Sunday’s matches.
Apr 26, 2015, 7:18 PM EDT
Final: New York Red Bulls 1-1 LA Galaxy
Apr 26, 2015, 6:24 PM EDT
Who took the PFA prizes today?
Apr 26, 2015, 5:15 PM EDT
Louis van Gaal unaware of the seriousness of Wayne Rooney’s injury sustained during a 3-0 loss to Everton.
Apr 26, 2015, 4:40 PM EDT
Bayern Munich will enjoy the title as Germany’s best once again.
Apr 26, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
Sunderland midfielder Connor Wickham is eyeing Premier League survival as the last month of the 2014-15 season arrives.
- Not even allowed an appeal: CONCACAF confirms Bush suspension for Champions League final 0
- Premier League Playback: Chelsea brilliant, not boring, as title inches closer 0
- MLS official squashes rumor of emergency intra-MLS goalkeeper loan for CONCACAF Champions League final 9
- VIDEO: Premier League Player of the Week — Round 34 0
- Jose Mourinho, once again, wins tactical battle against Arsene Wenger 3
- Three things we learned from Arsenal vs. Chelsea 12