May 29, 2012, 10:05 AM EDT
Brazilian star Neymar missed his country’s win over Denmark last week but has joined the team ahead of Wednesday’s friendly against the United States outside Washington, D.C.
Brazil arrived into Washington on Sunday and worked out Monday at American University. They’ll practice Tuesday at FedEx Field, immediately after Jurgen Klinsmann’s U.S. team.
Neymar (adjudged by some very prominent faces in the game to be the globe’s finest player) will be in the mix, sure to make an appearance in Wednesday’s friendly.
This is the first of three matches for Brazil inside the United States.
They face Mexico on Sunday at Cowboys Stadium outside Dallas, then butt heads with old rival Argentina on June 9 in East Rutherford, N.J.
Brazil’s roster for Wednesday:
Goalkeepers: Jefferson (Botafogo), Neto (Fiorentina), Rafael (Santos)
Defenders: Danilo (Porto), Juan (Inter Milan), David Luiz (Chelsea), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Rafael (Manchester United), Alex Sandro (Porto), Thiago Silva (AC Milan), Bruno Uvini (Tottenham)
Midfielders: Casemiro (Sao Paulo), Giuliano (Dnipro), Lucas (Sao Paulo), Wellington Nem (Fluminense), Oscar (Internacional), Romulo (Vasco de Gama), Sandro (Tottenham)
Forwards: Leandro Damiao (Internacional), Hulk (Porto), Neymar (Santos), Alexandre Pato (AC Milan)
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team
- Play Video: Red Bulls pull off win on the road
- Play Video: Highlights: Montreal extinguish Chicago