May 29, 2012, 9:29 PM EDT
Five years into David Beckham’s time in Major League Soccer, and you’d think I’d be used to this kind of thing. But I’m not. My conception of soccer star still doesn’t encompass pictorials for fashion magazines.
Especially when there doesn’t seem to be much fashion involved, but that’s not really the point is it? David Beckham, even at 37-years-old, even after being face removed from the European limelight, still sells magazines.
Today, it’s Elle UK. Next month, as we’re gearing up for the Summer Olympics, it will likely be something some version of Vogue or Harper’s or Lady’s Home Journal (I’m running low on magazine names), but the pictures will likely look the same. No shirt. High hair. Tattoos.
This shot is called You See $500 Jeans; I See A Swimsuit:
This one’s called Shirts: I Remember How To Do Them:
And finally The Aggressive Pedicure:
- USA Today reports LA Galaxy trade Mike Magee for rights to Robbie Rogers 5
- With MLS expansion done for now, where the league priorities should land 7
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? 24
- Champions League Final infographic: Borussia Dortmund vs. Bayern Munich 0
- NWSL Game of the Week: Sky Blue FC vs. FC Kansas City 0
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? (24)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- Gareth Bale set to re-sign with Tottenham – But is it a good deal for the Welshman? (9)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final