May 29, 2012, 4:55 PM EST
12. Chivas USA –This team is a big ol’ tie waiting to happen lately, with three draws in their last four chances to get a draw. Last week saw the past and present striking, as Juan Pablo Angel (pictured) strike against his old team in a 1-1 draw at New York, then saw new man Juan Agudelo notch his first for the club in a less commendable 1-1 draw at home against Seattle.
11. Colorado Rapids – Oscar Pareja’s side rallied valiantly to grab the points at home against Montreal, but consistency has been frustratingly elusive for the first-year head coach.
10. Chicago Fire – Speaking of consistency, more than a third of the way through the season, Frank Yallop’s side is still looking to post back-to-back wins. Chris Rolfe may be back this week, and the former U.S. international can only help.
9. Columbus Crew – A big jump this week (from No. 15) is the reward for a great week, including two wins the side can truly build on. Emelio Renteria went on a tear and Eddie Gaven stacked more bricks onto his solid season as the men in yellow took all the points out of Seattle and then added a win at home against Chicago. The Crew is unbeaten in five.
8. Vancouver Whitecaps – It’s a classic good news-bad news bit as the Whitecaps pulled a 1-1 tie out of a rainy evening in Portland. Praiseworthy, yes, although that did leave Martin Rennie’s side winless over its last three. Celebrated rookie Darren Mattocks found his first MLS goal.
7. Seattle Sounders – A 1-1 draw on the road at Chivas USA helped salvage something from an otherwise forgettable week, but there’s no hiding the team’s dreadful inability to get results lately at home. Sigi Schmid’s men have lost two in a row at CenturyLink (shut out in both); the latest stinker was a 2-0 setback to Columbus.
- Atlantic crushed: D.C. United, New York open the season with three-goal losses 1
- Stoppage time goal gives Seattle 1-0 opening day win over Sporting Kansas City (video) 10
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Chelsea 4-0 Tottenham Hotspur: Blues blitz Spurs to extend their lead at the top (video) 0
- Cardiff City 3-1 Fulham: Bluebirds win the relegation dogfight 0
- David Moyes on Manchester United’s win vs. West Brom: “That’s more like it” 0
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear
- NYRB Don't Know What Hits Them in Emphatic 4-1 Whitecaps Win
- John Terry Rules out International Return
- Aberdeen March on in Scottish FA Cup
- 2014 MLS Season: Rebuilding The San Jose Earthquakes
- Players to Watch: Montreal Impact
- Ireland's Premier Division Season Kicks off
- Away-Goal Rule is the Novelty for this Year's MLS Playoffs